• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

greets from the lou

Klund

Lurker
Apr 21, 2009
STL
Well just received my g1 today....been with tmobile for over 4 years and have used a blackberry pearl for the last 2. Yesterday my blackberry wouldn't connect to a network so after talking to tech support they had me bring it to a nearby tmobile store. The store rep called tech support and after an hour of talking with him and messing with my phone they not only managed to not fix my phone but managed to delete my entire address book, which was not backed up since I had just done a complete wipe on my PC a week prior and hadn't gotten around to it... So after hours of listening to the same BS 'thats unfortunate, its happened to me 3 times' from every customer rep at tmobile finally settled for a g1 at $170 and free overnight shipping. I know their cheaper elsewhere but as often as I seem to have phones break down on me I desperately need warranties.

So now I'm here lookin at what apps to put on this thing.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones