• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Grey battery with exclamation point

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
My wifes dinc4g needs a new battery. I have now bought 2 different ones from 2 different companies, with same result .. plug in the charger and the battery goes grey and gets an exclamation point through it. I thought something was wrong with the first battery so i ordered one from Seidio who i know is reputable, same issue.

If i turn the phone off and plug in the phone, the LED does not come on to indicate charging. So i dont even know if its charging at all.

I have read it could mean there is a loose connection, but the original battery behaves properly.

Any thoughts? Thank you

EDIT, the phone is rooted but we never put a custom ROM or Kernal or anything. Just gained root to backup apps in their current state.

I experienced something sort of like this a few months ago. I had accidentally let the phone go completely dead - drained the battery to zero. Couldn't get the charging LED to light up on the phone or a free-standing charger. I'd run out of ideas, so put it back in the phone, plugged the charger back in and left it overnight (I think I was subconsciously hoping to fry the phone as an excuse to get something better). Next morning the charging LED was lit and it's worked fine since. Can't explain it and not sure it is even related to your problem, but thought I'd pass it along.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones