Grimm - anyone want to talk about it?

1. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Having just finished watching the first episode of season 2, I'm seeing some questions I can't figure out myself, and hope someone around here is up for trying to hash them out. ;)

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sorry, Couldn't get past season 1 episode 1.

didn't do well with "once upon a time" either
  3. Kruncha

Kruncha Well-Known Member

I watch it. it's an enjoyable show.
  4. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

I've thought about watching it but missed the start of it so havent got round to watching it yet,

Im a big fan of Supernatural, how does it compare to that??
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I keep saying I'm going to watch Grimm andOnce Upon a Time but never seem to get around to it.
  6. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Just finished S02E02. Things are getting pretty messy for Nick right now.

I love Monroe, I enjoyed the actor when he was on My Name Is Earl too.

Once Upon A Time was an okay show, I mostly watched it for Robert Carlyle playing the bad guy so well you never know whose side he is on at any given moment.
  7. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode and I didnt think I would been able to see the whole season. But I did. I really like the show and look forward to season 2.
  8. MacFett

We're 3 episodes into season 2 already Orion! Time to get caught up.
  9. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Love this show. Use the app DroidTV to "dvr" it on tablet. Watch at gym. What do you need to know?
  10. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i like this show.. but i dont understand 1 thing..

I get he is a Grimm.. and he can see the other supernatural beings. and Grimms hunt the others. the other supernaturals have speed or strength or magic and other abilities.

what does a GRIMM have that make him so scary?? able to hunt the others????
  11. MacFett

My theory is it is one part name and the other part is genetics or something that make him more resistant to them. Possibly his Grimm-ness is supernatural itself.
  12. Seanette

Grimms appear to be faster and stronger than Muggles (might have other bonus superhuman traits), plus they can SEE what they're up against, making them tougher opponents.

According to the Grimm wiki, Wesen also get nervous about Grimms because of the history Grimms have as enforcers for the royal families.
  13. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

there has never been any show or mention of speed or strength for Grimms
  14. Seanette

Have you ever seen any fight scene with Nick or his mother? Those fight scenes show speed and strength well above average, and keep in mind that a smallish woman old enough to have a 30-year-old son can do quite well in a fight against her son, let alone Wesen.
  15. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

seen the fights.. and that dont show nothing..

but she does look scary!
    perfect for a witch part in any movie.
  16. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

I had to post this... so I dug up this old thread.

I've watched a lot of reruns of "The Golden Girls" and it seems to me that the names of some things in this show come from the "St Olaf Book of Flafloovenhogen". Watch this clip & tell me I'm wrong... I'm watching tonight's episode of Grimm & I swear Monroe said something like this when he looked at the brick with the symbol on it. :p

Rose Nylund's St Olaf words and phrases - YouTube
    sherri likes this.
  17. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

There are some great interviews with writers/creators about how they come up with some of those names.

Loving the season so far
    PattiCakeUS likes this.