grooveIP - can't receive calls

Last Updated: 2013-01-17 19:56:09
  1. deltaforce

deltaforce Well-Known Member

Hello folks,

My OBi100 went dead since yesterday, which serves as my home landline. To avoid calls, I got GrooveIP. I can make all calls I want but I have not received a single call. ALL went to voice mail.

I noticed that GrooVeIP keeps disconnecting. I have kept wi-fi on all the time (by selecting Always option, as in the screenshot, Weird enough, there is an option, Never (consumed more data)!!! Don't know how)

[​IMG]

Any insight in fixing this is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. CDPlant

CDPlant Well-Known Member

Are there SIP settings in GrooveIP for VoIP numbers? If so, are the proxies/STUN server etc configured?

I don't know a lot about GrooveIP, is it a VoIP softphone (where it works with a number that you already have, rather than it giving you a new one just for the app?)
  3. deltaforce

No there are no such settings.

And this is not only GrooVeIP problem, Vonage and Tango is also plagued with same problem. I have been searching like crazy through all settings but all in vain.

Any help will be appreciated.
  4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

I think the problem is more likely that Android's built-in memory management is unloading GrooVe IP after it has been idle a while. On my devices (all of which are rooted) I use an app called Super Manager to prevent this (by "starring" it in Task Manager). Although I haven't tried it, it looks like WatchDog will perform a similar function for non-rooted devices.
  5. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Could it be that the Auto-disconnect is disconnecting from Wifi when the signal is weak (although GrooveIP should reconnect when WiFi comes back)?

There are some Wifi wakelock settings under troubleshooting you may want to play with.

Also have you configured Google Voice to forward calls to Google Chat?
  6. cfreeman90

cfreeman90 Well-Known Member

You have to make sure ur lsigned into groove ip, If the light is green, you should be able to receive!!
  7. deltaforce

Thanks folks,

Tried a ton of things. It did not work out so uninstalled the app.