Grounding issues and minutes light leakage

Last Updated:

1. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been babying this phone since I got it. When I have it on my desk I always place it on top of my micro fiber clothe. Yesterday I began playing on it while it was still on the clothe and I noticed that I was getting some grounding issues. The bottom of the screen was still very responsive but the top half was not. The bar was not coming down and it was sometimes it was recording swipes as touches. Not so annoying while in the home screen but very annoying when on a web page and it started opening links as opposed to swiping up and down the screen.

Overall this issue would have not bugged me but then this morning I noticed the same issue when i was still in bed and I resting my phone on my pillow. In the morning I like to put on iheartradio and listen to stations from back home. Would switching phones resolve this issue or do they all suffer from it?

In addition to this I am experiencing minor light leakage from underneath the buttons. It's only noticeable when its darker but I also wonder if its something that everyone has to deal with.

I was wondering if the forum could check the grounding issue by using a micro fiber clothe or pillow and check for light leakage in a dark environment.

Advertisement
  2. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

I've got the grounding issue showing up whenever the phone is on cloth (sometimes it works on my bed). HTC made it sound like it's more related to temperature than grounding. I wonder the same thing because this morning the phone worked no matter what surface I was on. Just now I tested again and the top right of the screen isn't registering touch unless I have another finger on the phone. It seems random.

I also have the light leaking/screen lifting issue. My brother got his phone the same time as me and his is 100% perfect.

3. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

4. Vento9

Vento9 Member

I'm in the same boat as you with the grounding issue and slight light leakage at the bottom, mainly under the home key. It's not quite bad enough for me to return it yet but I'll probably look at swapping it out towards the end of my 30 days. I don't want to return it to get the same issues but I also don't want to wait then my screen starts to separate...

5. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have light leaks out from below the home menu and search buttons. It wasn't something I was too worried about at first but I am worried it could turn to something worst. Also I know some people might think the grounding issue is some stupid to complain about but i do enjoy using my phone in the mornings while still in bed or sometimes before going to sleep. I prop it up against one of my pillows so that I don't constantly have to be holding it in one hand

6. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member

I don't have the light leakage but I do have the grounding issue. Most if the time I have the phone in my hands when I am using it so it really don't bother me..... but I still hope they fix it.