• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group Message from one user

jgm6262

Lurker
Aug 3, 2016
I recently switched from an iPhone to android (Nexus 6p). I deactivated iMessage before switching. Most group messages I send go through as expected. However, if I include one specific user (who has an iPhone 6S), he receives my texts but I do not get the responses even though everyone in the group thread recieves them. He has moved my contract from "iPhone" to mobile number. We even deleted my contact on his phone and created a new contact, but this did not resolve this issue. If I send him a non group text message, everything goes through fine. Does anyone know what I or he has to do to fix?

Make sure his settings have sms, mms and group set to on. Have him delete any text/mms that you are on also, if he hasn't already. Then maybe delete/add you again. I've also found that Chomp (and Textra, same dev) and Hangouts work slightly better at texting than a stock/default app. I'm guessing you have Google Messenger though, that should actually probably work.

Aside from that and what you've already done all you can do is shake your fist at Apple, it's honestly their issue that they can't or won't fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones