group message issue iphones to galaxy s4Support

1. aroze

aroze New Member

Ok so I just switched from a 4s to an s4 and I use group message very often with all iphone users. My issue is that I do not recieve any messages from my friends because there messages continue to send in Imessage. Ive read that once one phone number does not support imessage the group is reverted to sms or mms. This is not the case here and I am wondering what can be done.

Advertisement
    :
  2. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

Just throwing out ideas here as my group messaging works flawlessly with my iPhone friends. Do you have "group conversations" checked in the settings? Oh I'm using the stock messaging app
  3. aroze

aroze New Member

Yes group conversation is checked in settings. Same problem though
  4. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

Works fine here. Group messaging checked. Works with other androids and iPhone.
  5. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

Carrier specific maybe? I have Verizon
  6. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

If you just switched to may want to make sure your # is not still associated with your Apple account. It might still be trying to send an Imessage to your phone as apposed to a regular text.
  7. AbductedCasper

AbductedCasper Active Member

This have had happend to me for the past month, Ive finally fixed it the way how is if you have an iphone go to apple and unregister your device and turn off imessage. If you dont have an iphone go to your carrier's store and change your number thats how I got mines fixed.