• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Group Messaging Apps Recommendation

Do you have the settings set to send group messages as MMS in Textra?

Otherwise, not sure - many carriers will limit that sort of thing due to spam concerns.

I've seen apps with services specifically for texting large groups so I know they're out there - for a price.

Maybe check with your carrier to see if it's some sort of block that they'll lift for free?

Upvote 0
Jimbo, I use the stock texting app for normal texting. I use GroupMe for specific groups I've set up. While the recipient doesn't have to use GroupMe, it may help if they have it to keep the whole group informed of responses to the original text.

I tried various texting apps to no avail trying to get around this 10 person limit. GroupMe is the only way I've found to this point.

As with most apps, there will be a bit of a learning curve, but nothing exotic. You can also MMS pics with GroupMe too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones