Group Messaging!! Does not Work!!!!!Support

1. Axel718

Axel718 New Member

I have the Droid Maxx its running 4.2.2, group messaging in settings is on.

Can someone please reply with a solution for Group Messaging. Anytime I reply to a group it goes to everyone individually but I receive messages from groups fine. When I reply it seems as though it stays grouped but everyone texts me back saying its not grouped.

I cant use a 3rd party messaging app that requires registering and making a username like "Whatsapp" because that's RIDICULOUS.

I upgraded from an Iphone4 and group messaging is an everyday need for me. I have over 5 friends with GS4 and they have No problem with group mms. This is really upsetting....Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Somniferum

Somniferum Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to use Google Hangouts. Sorry if that sounds RIDICULOUS. :p
  3. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member

You might try going into settings and checking the box for using MMS to send group messages. Group messaging works fine for me except I get an occasional message that I send that shows up like a blank photo on my screen. I have to either disable and enable the app or reboot to get it to display properly. I've only seen this occur on group messages.
  4. Axel718

Axel718 New Member

I have the group messaging setting on and its still not working.
    Ltgk20 likes this.
  5. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what the problem is. It works fine for me.

[​IMG]
  6. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

BTW, side note alert:

I downloaded BBM today. I really don't see what the big deal is. Apparently it's just another chat/IM client that I have to try to get my friends/family to download and sign up for. It does NOT integrate SMS/MMS nor does it make life easier. Am I doing this wrong? I have NO contacts in my list and can't seem to start a chat with anyone.
  7. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Have you tried Textra SMS? I don't do much texting. I found the pre-loaded app to be rather lame and Textra to be much better.

... Thom
  8. johnwashere

johnwashere Member

I use group messaging a lot and I have never had issues. I have only used the stock text app. My brother uses third party apps on his samsung galaxy 2 and those apps always mess with his group texting
  9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Curious - I haven't had anybody using an iPhone tell me that any replies to group messages that I receive come in any differently, but maybe they are just not telling me about it.

I wonder if Verizon Messages would work for you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs

I haven't tried it in a LONG time (the last time I used the app, it fixed a problem receiving MMS messages on a custom ROM on an older phone), but the description mentions group messaging features. Maybe it'll work better for you, and it definitely uses your standard Verizon text messaging number, so no registering for a username or anything like that.
  10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Just as an update, another possible solution is the Google Hangouts app. Hangouts is rolling out an update that allows the app to be an SMS/MMS handler. I have the update, but haven't turned the feature on because I want the Assist drive function to read received messages out loud. But it might be worth testing out - you can always turn the feature off in Hangouts.