1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Group messaging issueSupport

1. jahartman11

jahartman11 New Member

I have a Samsung s4 that I just got a few days ago thru att. When I send a group text and everyone responds it is in the group text except for one and it comes thru to me as text from him and I cant see it in the group but everyone else can. He also has a samsung s4 and everyone else has an iphone. Any ideas why I cant see him in the group text and everyone else can and I get it thru individual text.

Advertisement
  2. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that too I'm guessing it is just a straight up bug with the default messaging app. Hopefully 4.2 will have some serious updates to that app since it looks to be a bit behind!
  3. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I'm also having this issue. Recently one of my friends went from iPhone to S4, and now whenever he responds to a group text (with 5 people total, the other 3 use iPhones), I receive the message like I am getting a direct text, while everyone else's messages come into the group thread.
  4. gweff

gweff Active Member

Android as of now doesn't support group texting like imessages. Like with anything android, there is a work around. Both Verizon and ATT have their own messaging app that you might disregard as bloatware, but they support group messaging. Handcent is 3rd party app that also allows group messaging (it is a bit spotty compared to the ATT messenger app I am now using). I understand that Key Lime Pie supports group messaging.