Group messaging issuesSupport

1. mg8r1016

mg8r1016 Member

I just switched from an iPhone and am having issues with group texts on go SMS. I can send but can not receive replies. Have heard iMessage may be to blame. Anyone else having any issues?

Advertisement
  2. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I have tried Handcent, GO SMS, and Verizon Messaging and none of the clients solved the group messaging issue for me. And I made sure I had everything necessary checked. That is the one thing that keeps me from making the permanent switch. I have too many groups utilizing imessage and asking the others to switch to a different client simply isn't feasible. I have the S4 pre-ordered but am afraid it will ultimately go back because I cannot find a remedy to this.
  3. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

There is known issues with ANY phone when coming from iPhone and imessage. Other people's iPhone still thinks your using imessage.

If you still have tour iPhone, go to settings, turn off imessage and get a few pals to send sms to see if they come through. Ask them if their bubble colour on their sms is green or blue (green been normal sms, blue been imessage). If it's green hopefully that will be sorted.
  4. mg8r1016

mg8r1016 Member

Ok I still have my old iPhone. But I have wiped it and reset it. If I put my sim from my s4 back in, do I need to reset it up? Then turn off imessage off in the settings? Is that what you are saying needs done?

Thanks for all the help!
  5. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Sometimes it helps to delete your phone number from your apple ID profile. Some have recommended this link: https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...618204c476572a1b5e5fb3518&path&language=US-EN
  6. Paul Kersey

Paul Kersey New Member

Handcent all the way. I had the Iphone 3G & 4, and switched about a year ago to Android. Lack of group messaging was my biggest peeve. Hancent solves that, you just need to get into the settings. Settings > Application Settings > Thread Group Conversation (all the way at the bottom). You can also send emoji's to Apple phones if that is your thing.