Group Messaging IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Laurajeremy

Laurajeremy Member

let me start by saying I have read tons of threads on this issue and none so far have fixed my Verizon S4
    I have tried stock, GoSMS, Handscent and Verizon app as well as removed my number from my Apple ID.

The odd thing is I can receive group messaging from some groups BUT if an Iphone user starts the group message to me and another iphone user I don't get anything and if I send to multiple Iphone users they don't get it.

I am loving my S4 but a week of missing texts is really getting annoying

Any other ideas? I know I am not the only one and can only hope someone has fixed the issue
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. maschneid

maschneid Member

I don't think it is an issue to be fixed, as much as it just isn't a feature. That is one thing that I think Apple did a good job on was group messaging. You could try and have your iPhone using friends turn off iMessage or what ever the hell it is called and see if just regular SMS texts will cooperate that way. Just a thought.
  3. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

I tested this last night and sent a group text to 2 oh my iphone friends, they got it without issue and replied back just fine. I have a stock Verizon S4 using the stock messaging app.
  4. Laurajeremy

Laurajeremy Member

Zebug
    Would you mind telling me your settings?
    have you installed any other messaging apps? or is stock only thing on your S4?
  5. Dnomac

Dnomac Active Member

I was also able to receive and send group texts to iphone users. However, when they received my texts, it was received from me rather than in the group text. Strange thing is, all of their texts and mine showed up in one thread on my S4. I really wish there was a fix for this.