• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group or mass texts on Galaxy s3

Redbeard16

Lurker
Sep 17, 2012
I am a manager for a soccer team and send out group text messages on a daily basis for practice and games. Right now i have a app for iphone that I use. I want to upgrade to the Galaxy s3. I have looked at other post and cannot find out what I am looking for. I need a app or if the galaxy s3 does this on its own. I need to be able to make 7 different groups with about 10-12 contacts in each group. I want to send out the text and when the group replies I only want it to come back to me only not the whole group. I have access to a android and tried getting Group Me app. I gives out a different Phone # and when the group replies everyone get it to.
Any ideas????

GTWalling, I have read this before on the forum. I also read read that there is only a 10 limit contact per group. Does this sound right? Do you know if when you send out the text message to the group and somebody replies to it does everybody in the group recevies the reply or only you the sender?

Upvote 0
I've been trying this all day as well - Handcent has the feature but does not seem to be working on the SIII

I use this for work as all my coworkers use group text from their iphone and it always goes out to them individually and back to me individually as an mms. It's driving me crazy can anyone help?

Try Verizon messaging in Google play. Fixed the back and forth group problem for me on droid x...haven't tried ut on the s3 yet.

Reactions: dtucci99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones