grouper=bugless beast?

1. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

there doesnt seem to be a lot here on bugless beast, many mentions few how to's, is "grouper" the one i want? is it as simple as booting into recovery and selecting it?...it would be nice to have everything here, rather than going to developers sites, i mean, isnt that why this is all things root? I would love to get a pros and cons from people that are using this rom

Advertisement
    :
  2. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Grouper does indeed refer to the Nexus 7, so if you're looking for the Nexus 7 version if BB, Grouper is what you're looking for.
    jxker likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yes, grouper is the nexus 7s codename given to it by Google

Are you asking for installation instructions?
    jxker likes this.
  4. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

sure, how about installation instructions, move to sdcard, boot into recovery and select?? any chance it is that easy?
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Not quite, your going to want to backup your apps using titanium backup, make a nandroid in case you want to go back to your current setup, then wipe dalvik cache, cache, factory reset, and flash the ROM.

Backing your SD card up to your computer isn't a bad idea either
    jxker likes this.
  6. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

Did all the steps....downloaded the ROM....will install during the Notre Dame game tomorrow....... go Irish
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

Go to your computer and google search for Wugfresh toolkit. Install program. (Version 1.5.4 seems to work best with the Nex7, vice the latest 1.5.5 version.

Enjoy the simplicity of the toolkit.
  8. viper689

That's only useful when you're trying to unlock and root, not install new roms
  9. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

Wrong. Take a look again.

Although it is just as easy manually flashing via CWMR.
  10. viper689

Ah you are correct, under Advanced Utilities. My bad!