• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

grouping application icons ?

When I click applications, it shows a lot of screens, full of applications, which come in not any particular order.

I was hoping for a way to create folders or group them (like in the new iphone, you can drag one icon into another and they get grouped).

So FolderOrganizer is the only way now ?

Upvote 0
I don't know anything about how an iphone works but you can group applications by using Smart Shortcuts. ( LauncherProPlus (paid version) and Desktop Visualizer) I am not sure if you can set these up for the drawer but you can do them for the desktop.
Smart Shortcuts - Android app on AppBrain
Desktop Visualizer - Android app on AppBrain
LauncherPro - Android app on AppBrain

You first have to organize the apps into categories but this is no big deal. You can delete the stock folders and re-name them what you'd like. You also can put them into more than one category to let them show in two or more folders. Example....Facebook can go into Social and Internet.
Then just make your icons using Desktop Visualizer and Smart Shortcut as your command.

Read thru the section about Posting Your Desktop. All the instruction for everything are either explained in there or linked to how to.
Plus....it is soooooo inspiring!!!
http://androidforums.com/android-themes/4425-post-your-android-desktop.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones