• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Grouping Google contacts? Why won't this work?

getlooks

Jun 23, 2010
Several months ago I dumped the EVO for the SF. On the EVO I had my Google contacts grouped (friends, coworkers...etc.). When I synched my Google account to my SF, the contacts didn't group on the SF, even though they are grouped in my GMail.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

It may be that the SF contact application just can't handle groups correctly. I haven't got one to test with, but if it's anything like HTC's People application, then they've taken the native contacts application and ruined it.

The contacts may still be grouped, but you can't see it. You can test this by downloading some other software (admittedly this is a little convoluted and I'm the developer of these :rolleyes: ).

Download Contact Lookup and Contact View, both free applications. Use Contact Lookup to search for a contact you know has a number of groups. Now long press on the contact and it will be shown in Contact View. If you can see the groups, then you know it is syncing correctly. It doesn't fix the problem with the SF application though :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones