• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Groups delete from "Contacts" but not elsewhere.

Foolish Mortal

Mar 4, 2010
Ok, so I created a group and misspelled the name in the silly "Contacts" application. So, I deleted the group and created a new one with the name properly spelled. Yes, I could have renamed the misspelled group, but I was in an unusually stupid frame of mind.

The group doesn't show in "Contacts" on the phone, but it does in Handcent and elsewhere.

I know how to NOT screw up again, and that's to NOT use the "Contacts" app every again, but how do I truly delete the group that I already created?

I went to the applications drawer and selected CONTACTS.
I went and created a new group.
I then long-pressed the new group and deleted it.
I checked and it no longer appeared in CONTACTS.

I went into Handcent and went to send a message to a group, and the deleted group appeared there. I also went to to the application that I downloaded called "Group Ringtones" and it appeared there as well. It doesn't appear in GMail though. I didn't expect it to appear in GMail, but it wouldn't have surprised me if it did.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones