Groups delete from "Contacts" but not elsewhere.Support

Last Updated:

1. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 4, 2010
    Ok, so I created a group and misspelled the name in the silly "Contacts" application. So, I deleted the group and created a new one with the name properly spelled. Yes, I could have renamed the misspelled group, but I was in an unusually stupid frame of mind.

The group doesn't show in "Contacts" on the phone, but it does in Handcent and elsewhere.

I know how to NOT screw up again, and that's to NOT use the "Contacts" app every again, but how do I truly delete the group that I already created?

I went to the applications drawer and selected CONTACTS.
    I went and created a new group.
    I then long-pressed the new group and deleted it.
    I checked and it no longer appeared in CONTACTS.

I went into Handcent and went to send a message to a group, and the deleted group appeared there. I also went to to the application that I downloaded called "Group Ringtones" and it appeared there as well. It doesn't appear in GMail though. I didn't expect it to appear in GMail, but it wouldn't have surprised me if it did.

2. AlexGrant

AlexGrant New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    GREAT question! I desperately need to know the answer!
  3. picard

picard Member

Oct 8, 2010
    :( It seems that no one wants to help with this problem. I can not get the groups I created on gmail to show up on my phone. But on my wifes phone it works perfectly.