Groups On Bionic HomepageSupport

1. Duckster

Duckster Well-Known Member

Is it possible to take the existing "groups" that were made before ICS and put them on the homepages? I have tried but I have been unsuccessful in moving the groups from (apps) where they are now to one of the home pages. I know that I can start all over and stack them, but I'd like to find out if I can just move them from the apps page (center button on home page) to one of my home pages.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

That was one of my first questions on ICS and so far the answer is no. You can stack them but the groups in your list can't be dropped on the homepage. By the way stacked groups are limited to 16 apps although groups in the All Apps list can still contain larger numbers.
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

It Doesn't work for me. Others on the Internet are reporting the same.

Has anyone determined what the "Add group to home" menu entry in app drawer does? (I thin the answer is NOTHING.)

... Thom
  4. Duckster

Wow! I didn't now that it was limited to 16. Is that written some where or did you figure that out via trial and error? That is too limiting!!!
  5. Duckster

I wish I knew! I tried several times and it keeps telling me that it was created...but I'd be dog gone if I can find out where!
  6. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

I can't take full credit for it. Someone else noted the limit on another forum. I just confirmed it in my futile search for a way to add folders to the home screen. There does seem to be a reason for this as 16 is the most that be displayed on one screen without scrolling.
    Duckster likes this.
  7. Duckster

I'm seeing the same thing with email. Unless I'm missing the boat (it's been done before), I can only get one email icon on the homepage. Before, I had Road Runner, Yahoo, etc. The only exception that I can find is Gmail has it's own icon. Any ideas anyone? This homepage thing is just too limited.
  8. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

well, color me dumb, i didn't know you could stack apps in the app drawer. i thought you were supposed to move them to the home screen and then stack to create the folder.
  9. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

Y'all might consider Folder Organizer for your homepage folders and subfolders. It works great, no limits on folder size, and it is highly customizable.

For email, you might consider Enhanced Email. It will handle multiple accounts, including Exchange, POP3, Yahoo, Google, etc. Configure it however you want.
    Duckster likes this.