GS2KernelWipe Script

1. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Bravo old boy!

It does exactly what it says on the box... wiped, clean as a whistle. :)

Will link to it in my, soon to be obsolete, http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...-6-2-dummies-guide-installation-settings.html

I notice that on the xda, Siyah thread, that gokhanmoral is having to come up with an init.d wipe script and the merits, or otherwise, of the Ultimate Kernel Cleaning Script are currently being discussed.

Thanks hawker, I owe you a lemonade. :D
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Twinn likes this.
  3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think the ukc script actually does anything of use unless you have the files it specifically deletes from the init.d folder.
    It does a feeble job of wiping cache and dalvik cache as the first boot demonstrates and on top of this, it runs a module cleaning script that is not even bundled in its zip file.

Take your pick as to which one you all use but I know which one I shall be using from now on. :)
    ironass likes this.
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I don't know why he's bothering. Anyone using a custom kernel must be rooted, and if rooted can surely access /etc/init.d and delete one flippin' file (01siyah) before rebooting into recovery to flash the new kernel? :confused:

Any other scripts will either be user-created or placed there by the ROM, so all bets are off as to whether they or Siyah's settings should/will take precedence.
    ironass likes this.
  5. ironass

Never underestimate the human capacity for stupidity! :rolleyes:

You just have to look at this years Darwin Awards nominations to prove that:-

Darwin Awards: 2011 Darwin Awards
    Twinn likes this.
  6. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

or you could go the whole hog and run GS2CleanV1.1 script beforehand of course!
    :D
  7. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Why not offer him yours hawker?
  8. ironass

Good idea hawker!

I'll second that. :)
  9. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Old age getting the better of you again old man!

I get repeatedly shunned over on xda but if any of you want to put the suggestion forward to gokhan I would be more than willing. :)
  10. ironass

Consider it done old fruit! :D

The ball's in their park now.
    Sydney99 and Hawker like this.
  11. Sydney99

A pm might be more effective than a generic post
  12. Slug

Erm no, because that would wipe out my DlevROM-specific scripts.
  13. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Then I shall do you a dlevrom init.d restore flashable zip then sir!
  14. Slug

Thanks but there's no need, as I'll have to go through everything once v2.6.3 appears and work out what's duplicated in the new startup scripts. My plan is to (eventually) have everything non-Siyah in the one script, but the bloomin' goalposts keep moving! ;)
  15. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

16. ironass

Did that as well.
  17. Sydney99

Both steslatt and slug seem to be concerned about losing what's in their roms start up scripts. What's the issue with deleting these files?
  18. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

None really. Most are just tweaks. But it depends on the ROM, as I can't say categorically as I've not seen every rom's startup scripts.
    My handset on checkrom 4 runs just fine with no startup scripts at all.
    If you want to keep them then just flash the associated ROM file I created afterwards.

I've not been on a stock ROM for a long time. I would be interested to hear off people on a stock ROM as to what startup scripts, if any are present. I've a feeling the stock kernel has no init.d support.
  19. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Just to let you all know, my kernel cleaner script does not seem to want to play with the latest Siyah 2.6.3. This version of Siyah (or CWM) does not seem to execute certain commands as expected (eg. getting the firmware version). It is not clearing init.d folder.

I'm working in it and will keep you posted....
  20. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if all the files in /customkernel/property are relevant to the kernel you are running. I'm wondering as the file customkernel.cwm.version says cwm is 5.0.2.7 even though the new siyah has a different cwm. Its confused me a bit as all the dates of the files match up. Anyway if some of these are old files is it possible for your script to remove these?
  21. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I'll look into it butty.

Issues with latest Siyah now fixed. I've not updated the version number, as the script doesnt do anything new.

GS2CleanV1.1
    ironass likes this.
  22. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

I've just flashed this before flashing NEAK. It took no time at all to reboot - it was quicker than usual if anything. Cheers dude!
  23. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

V1.2 now up
    Does everything v1.1 does, but it recreates the init.d folder. This is handy for NEAK 1.2 kernel users who want to activate governors/tweaks from the NEAK-modified CWM Recovery.

GS2CleanV1.2
    Twinn, ironass and turbohobbit like this.
  24. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

Tasty, cheers mate.
  25. Twinn

Twinn Well-Known Member

does the job :) cheers!