GS2KernelWipe Script

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I have just noticed that my GS2BlitzerV1.4 script has been bundled in as one of the extras in the NEAK 1.3.3 OTA app

Simone will be updating it to v1.5 before too long.
    :)

For those who downloaded GS2BlitzerV1.5 and GS2WiperV1.1 before 21:40 tonight, please download them again, as they now delete a few more NEAK areas.
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Updated with new zip that flashes on CheckROM v6 init.d scripts for use after a Blitzer run
    ironass, Sydney99 and Shotgun84 like this.
  3. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking that this is optional and runs ok without using?
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

A Blitzer wipes init.d startup scripts. It is safer to wipe the lot as there is no knowing for sure what may be in there from previous kernels, thereby losing voltage controls settings (if saved this way) and custom ROM scripts. These ROM scripts are not essential to the ROM and will work perfectly well without them, but nonetheless they may still be worth keeping. Personally I just keep the zipalign script. I've not had time to study the others in checkrom v6 yet so I got them all currently. To get these scripts back after a blitz then run this script.
    Remember Wiper does not wipe init.d folder but you run the risk of having old kernel files in there. If you know the state of your init.d folder, and you know that all it contains are vc and ROM scripts then Wiper is your better option. Blitzer is better when changing to a completely different kernel and it used init.d scripts, or you're not sure what scripts are already there.
    Twinn and Sydney99 like this.
  5. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

well explained, thanks for clarifying
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

7. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

8. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

9. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Looks like they have taken a few things from the all things root sticky and claimed it's their own work.

If I wasn't a guide I would say we should all go over there and spam them. But I am, so I won't:D
  10. Shotgun84

11. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The embedded links were probably lost when the scumbag copied-and-pasted your article.

Btw, I sent a nastygram via the site feedback form but you might want to check out this thread as the site is hosted by the same US company.
  12. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Its definitely some sort of bot web crawler that's created those pakistan threads. That Chicken Biryani, i mean Hamari Biryani "bloke" has 134,000+ posts and many of those threads were created at the same time. So either he can type faster than a million monkeys and never takes a shit, or we have a crawler intrusion on here.
  13. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

GSWiperV1.2 is now available for download.
    See post #1 for details
  14. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

GS2BlitzerV1.6 and GS2WiperV1.3 are now available to download.

See Post#1 for details.
    Twinn, Kuragari and ironass like this.
  15. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Small update to GS2Wiper (now V1.4)
    This also saves current init.d scripts to sdcard prior to wiping, as per GS2BliterV1.6
    ironass, Twinn and Shotgun84 like this.
  16. Acid Twin

Acid Twin Active Member

Now i've signed up I can say THANK you Hawker for the wonderful scripts + Checkrom script restoration files. Been using them often when required, thanks for all the work :)
    Hawker likes this.
  17. l14m3

l14m3 Well-Known Member

Hawker, I am going for a new ROM, one which I haven't tried before. I know to use the GS2 Wiper when installing a new Kernel, am I right in thinking that with a new ROM I should run the GS2 Blitzer? or both? thanks
  18. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

l14m3 likes this.
  19. caplja

caplja Active Member

He there, first of all thanks on the scripts!

I have 1 question, first time when I moved from siyah to NEAK I flash GS2BlitzerV1.6 but without CheckROM RevoHD V6 startup scripts. KNow I would like to update to NEAK 1.4.2 and I will flash Blitzer again, can you confirm this:
    1. run blitzer
    2. flash CheckROM RevoHD V6 startup scripts
    3. flash kernel.
    (all from CWM , doing step by step without reboot)
    Is that ok?
  20. Shotgun84

Yeah, that worked for me.
  21. McKevitt

McKevitt New Member

Apologies in advance for the noob question, but I'm going by the premise that if you don't ask, you don't get. :)

I've been having an issue with my SGS2, which I think stems from items not being cleared out. I initially rooted, and flashed a new ROM to my phone, and everything went swimmingly. However, now, if I try to flash any other custom ROMs, I get kernel panic download mode when the phone re-boots.

The only one I can successfully flash, is the one I put on there originally.

Just wondering if one of these scripts might be the best way of getting out of my predicament?

Thanks in advance.
  22. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Kernel panic mode?
    what's that then? never seen that before.

what kernels are you using
    are you on GB or ICS?

Running a Wiper certainly would not harm matters.
  23. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

It's a lovely ICS feature that happens when something bad happens :p I get it when I underclock too much.
  24. McKevitt

McKevitt New Member

I'm on ICS, the ROM I can flash is from XDA, Thebyani Rom V3.3. They're up to 3.8 now, but can't go past version 3.3 (and no other either). I believe it's Chainefire Kernel XXLP6 Kernel.
  25. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

GS2WiperV1.5 is now up.
    This removes NSTools startup scripts

See post #1 for details
    Twinn likes this.