• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS2KernelWipe Script

Sorry about that caplja... you just can't get the staff these days! ;)

I will have a strong word with the old Welsh Wizard when he's finished hanging out his toilet paper to dry.

In the meantime I have PM'd you with a link.

taqaquse.jpg
:D

Upvote 0
Strange happenings. On siyah beta 4, home button working fine. Switched to new dori. All fine. Flashed back siyah, using kernel wipe (of course) and home button dead. Back to dori, works again. Back to siyah, dead. Presumably something from dori has been left, despite using your wonderful kernel wipe.

Or is this something to do with the preload/symlinks malarkey?

Any ideas old boy?

Upvote 0
then until a fix is released by Dori you will need to do the following:

use adb or terminal, then type the following (RTN after each line):

GPIOKEYS="/system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl";
if [ -e $GPIOKEYS ]; then
KHCOUNT=`cat $GPIOKEYS | grep "102" -c`;
if [ $KHCOUNT == 1 ]; then
sed -i 's/102/172/g' $GPIOKEYS;
fi;
fi;

Upvote 0
Have just restored a back up. But will try if I get this again. Thanks for ur help

It will work and was the easiest and quickest way to do it. But a little bit of advice.

You want this due to going to another kernel other then dorimanx correct?

If you plan on flashing onto jeboo version 1.1c then job done and a decent and fairly stable kernel.

Though one thing I don't like is its forces a complete cache and dalvik clean on you.

But if you are to stay on that kernel then that's fine. :)

If you intend to move to siyah kernal version 6.0b4 then you need to this.

In Dorimanx kernel recovery flash jeeboo kernel
Don't reboot into its recovery as jeboo recovery has issues in it preventing you to flash siyah.

Then flash hawks kernel clean script to remove any residual dorimanx files.

In same dorimanx recovery flash siyah 6.0b4

Then reboot into siyah kernal recovery

You have to do another full dalvik and cache clean and this time fix permissions.

Job done and you are on siyah with working Home button :)

But i much prefer Dorimanx right now especially sense the sound issues have been discovered and the work around is simple and working fantastic for me;-)

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0
I'll try it out this weekend then, and come round and kiss you if you're right. Lucky fella....

It works. It took us ages to debug and find. We know the cause we know the solution.

To read about it here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36563992

If you select idle or AFTR that alone will work. I used both but apparently AFTR will be easier on the battery.

Or if you are willing to change governor that lulz in both onscreen and off screen will work with AFTR + LPA :)

This is what I'm using and is working great ;):thumbup:

mydarenu.jpg

ajaty8ap.jpg

emahuze6.jpg

Reactions: Twinn and Sydney99
Upvote 0
It works. It took us ages to debug and find. We know the cause we know the solution.

To read about it here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36563992

If you select idle or AFTR that alone will work. I used both but apparently AFTR will be easier on the battery.

Or if you are willing to change governor that lulz in both onscreen and off screen will work with AFTR + LPA :)

This is what I'm using and is working great ;):thumbup:

mydarenu.jpg

ajaty8ap.jpg

emahuze6.jpg

Thanks fellas.

It was not actually this bug I was having issues with. Dori 7.37 was giving me a lot of stutter on scrolling. My screen was like porky pig on a bad day. All seems fine on 7.38 however.

But thanks for the solutions for the sound bug, it works, so now I have a nice smooth screen and perfect sound. Happy days.

Upvote 0
I have had slight music stutter on aftr only, but it only happened once in a 45 minute commute home in my car via blue tooth. It happened about 4 our 5 times in the morning commute on the default setting.

I've set it to idle only now so I'll see how this performs when I go into work on Tuesday.

Everything else for 7.38 seems to be within very well for me. Nice and smooth with good battery both in use and on idle where I've been commonly getting 96+% deep sleep.

Once the /preload backup issue has been addressed this kernel will be a must-have.

Reactions: THE RED BLUR
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones