1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. JSR84

JSR84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your work!
  3. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

Hawker I dont care what anyone else says about you, your'e alright by me :)
  4. glore2002

glore2002 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your Cleaner!
    Is this only for .zip (Recovery) ROMS or also works before flashing through Odin?
    Should I also use it before Restoring a Nandroid backup in Recovery?
    If not, is there anything you would recommend before restoring a nandroid backup?
    Thanks again,
    Glore2002.-
  5. Logan47

Logan47 Disabled

Thanks, Hawker. Does this script run through the wipe process once only? I see people mentioning to go through twice when manually resetting/wiping etc, or would it not matter in this instance?
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Nice one hawker, me old sausage! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, (you would anyway :p )...

This replaces the, "Full Wipe", in other words, the double wipe that we are used to?

This does NOT touch anything in the Interal or External SD cards?

You MUST NOT attempt to reboot your phone, after using this NUKE wipe, until you have flashed a new ROM, (in the same way as you would not restart your phone after a FULL WIPE, prior to flashing a ROM)?

Is it true that your next project is called the, "Armageddon Wipe", that deletes everything, including the fillings in your teeth? :D
  7. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Definitely does not touch internal storage or external sd card as stated in the original post.

Extra instructions added to post #1 however due to ironass' pedantic dog-with-a-bone nature.
    :D :D :D

Ps. Armageddon wipe? now there's a thought. I might just do one that also wipes the internal sd card! :)
  8. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I dont know if for sure if you can run this prior to flashing a ROM through Odin, but in theory I would say you could.

No point doing anything before a Nandroid restore, as this is an image of your phone at the point of the backup, so if anything extra has gone onto your phone in the affected areas in the meantime then they will just get lost during the restore anyway.
  9. glore2002

glore2002 Well-Known Member

Thanks!:)
  10. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Mate. Not sure what's happened. Thought I'd test myself to a full wipe using your script before b6 but keep getting error code 6 and won't run.

Any ideas?
  11. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Not sure butty. I'm away this weekend so can't do much until Monday. It worked for ironass. Perhaps try to re download. If not just do a manual factory reset etc.
  12. Sydney99

Cheers fella. Have a good weekend
  13. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

cheers old fella. That error sounds like a bad eol delimiter to me. if re downloading don't work ask ironass nicely to email you his copy.
  14. Sydney99

Cheers old boot. It didn't work so will pm the mighty iron ass :)
  15. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Yeah I got the same error message as Syd
  16. JSR84

JSR84 Well-Known Member

Following your steps I'm getting "E:Error in /emmc/GS2ROMNukev1.0.zip
    (Status 6)
    Installation Aborted"

Pretty much the same problem as everyone else, redownloading doesn't help.
  17. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

18. Twinn

Twinn Well-Known Member

well i have to admit i realised it l8r that in fact its not working for me, got same message as u did:eek: when doing it first time i was bit busy@work and didnt follow all what was written heh, i assumed when its from hawker it has to work but... this time sth is not working ;)

ps ironass, yes i tried this method but same msg... dunno whats wrong as i did full wipe twice and all other wipes as well
  19. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I'm away at the moment so I'll post an update Monday evening. I can't edit the script in the zip file on my hand set. It's probably a missing ";" on the end of a line or a windows cr__lf has crept in. too late I know for your v6 flash, but it will be primed and ready for action next time.
    Sorry folks
    Twinn likes this.
  20. Sydney99

Sorry pal. Bet you know how gadget check and jkay etc feel now when everyone starts whinging about their work ;)
  21. Sydney99

Just to report further, iron ass pm'd me his version and got the same error message.

Flashed v6 without wiping and all working fine, but will wait until next week and retest your script then.
  22. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Cheers mate. V1.1 will be up on Monday and will include more wiping too, so watch this space.

For those who only run the script without doing a factory reset then the ROM would have been installed as a no-wipe. If you did a factory rest then no worries.
    Twinn and Sydney99 like this.
  23. JSR84

JSR84 Well-Known Member

Thanks Hawker!
  24. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

Reporting the same error message. Did a full wipe in CWM and lost my Root access. :( Im not saying its related but just my experience.
  25. JSR84

JSR84 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with Root access.