GS3 camera pic problem.Support

1. GS3Style

GS3Style Member

Hello folks, I was wondering if anyone have this issue...
    The pic is totally fine when taking at day time, but when it's night time and there are lights (pole lights), it "splashes" all over the pic. I'm not quite sure if I am explaining it right....
    I'm talking about the spike lights.... how it goes all the way to the car in the pic.
    thanks!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey first off welcome to the forums GS3Style!

I have moved this thread into the Galaxy S3 forums since your problem seemed device specific and maybe others with your device will be able to assist you.
  3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

The light sensor on the camera is getting overwhelmed with the large areas of light (light poles) and the large areas of darkness (night). I'd take this as normal, but could you post up one of your pictures so we could see it - I could be totally off base.

Also, is the camera lens clean and without scratches?
  4. GS3Style

GS3Style Member

[​IMG]

i hope this works. i didn't try with other gs3, but note2 wasn't like this, it was fine.
  5. GS3Style

GS3Style Member

no scratches and lens is clean. is urs like this too?? thanks.
  6. FxsX24

FxsX24 Well-Known Member

the best thing here is to try an effect on the phone, or dont point it at bright light

phones will sunburst on bright light
  7. quickaudi

Haven't taken any photos like that to tell, sorry.
  8. GS3Style

GS3Style Member

it does that for any pole lights.... am i the only one who's having this issue?? anyone else got this problem for gs3?
  9. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Any open light like that in the field of view will flare.
  10. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

This is called flare, and it can be a problem with any camera when there are extremely bright light sources within, or even just outside, the image frame. Even multi-thousand dollar professional lenses, although those may control it a bit better.

There's not a lot that you can do about it, other than avoid the situation. Frame the image differently (move your feet) so the light source isn't in the frame.
  11. GS3Style

GS3Style Member

thx for ur reply, but when i took the same photo (exact location/view) with my cousin's galaxy note2, it didn't have any problem. that's why i was wondering if this happens to the gs3 only. i believe iphone4 cam was fine, too.
  12. ash92x

ash92x Active Member

You can also tap anywhere on the camera screen to manually focus the picture. Try aiming the focus away from the light - that may help.
  13. quickaudi

is it possible to post the picture from the Note2?
  14. GS3Style

GS3Style Member

i'll try to meet up with my cousin and take it.