GS3 microSD card not mountingSupport

1. AnOtherDrew

AnOtherDrew New Member

Hi guys I'm new and was wondering if you could help me out.

One day out of nowhere my S3 stopped reading my 32gb microSD. It would flash in and out asking me to format the card but when I would try, the format would fail. The phone later stopped reading the SD card so I took it out and put the card in my pc with a separate card reader and sure enough the card was dead, no formatting could help it.

So, fast forward a few days and I now have a new microSD (also 32gb), formatted it and it reads fine on my pc through the card reader and other devices. When I put this new card in my phone it still fails to recognise any cards. I have even done a factory reset of the phone but still no luck. At this point I might be ready to accept that the phone's card reader has absolutely died but I'm holding out for a miracle from you guys.

Any help could be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. HHuck

HHuck New Member

Similar problem. Woke up this morning and it said my SD card was ready to eject, and it wouldn't recognize that it was inserted into the phone. Plugged the card into my laptop and it wouldn't recognize it their either. Looks like the SD card is fried.
    Looked on the XDA forums and there's a lot of people that are having this problem. Mine was a SanDisk, 32gb, new in box from a reliable store, and formatted in the GS3.
    Ordered a couple new ones from Amazon, hopefully this problem gets addressed.
  3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Have you got any other SD cards to test in the phone (maybe even someone in your home from whom you can borrow one)? If both sd cards don't work then return it under warranty and you'll get it fixed free of charge.

Alternatively, if you're on contract you could contact your network and they may offer a door to door exchange.