• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] GS3 will not flash back to stock

bunk254

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
so basically no matter what i do i end up stuck during the stock rom flash, ive been stuck at "recovery", "boot.img", and everywhere else, first it takes me about 20 trys for the flash to even start, then just gets stuck somewhere during the flash, when i say stuck, i mean that i leave it be for about 10 mins to see if it will do anything, which it never does, im using odin 3.07
edit: so i seem to get it to start flashing consistently but it gets stuck on "aboot.mdn" every. single. time.
edit edit: no matter what file im flashing i get stuck at "aboot.mbn"

so basically no matter what i do i end up stuck during the stock rom flash, ive been stuck at "recovery", "boot.img", and everywhere else, first it takes me about 20 trys for the flash to even start, then just gets stuck somewhere during the flash, when i say stuck, i mean that i leave it be for about 10 mins to see if it will do anything, which it never does, im using odin 3.07
edit: so i seem to get it to start flashing consistently but it gets stuck on "aboot.mdn" every. single. time.
edit edit: no matter what file im flashing i get stuck at "aboot.mbn"

Have you tried section 5 of this guide?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762709

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
i have read section 5, iv been doing that process all along, ill try a fresh download and i am going try from my desktop, only problem is that i cant get my desktop to recognize the phone, ive reinstalled drivers, but that wont work, is it even possible to get the computer to recognize it from my phones current state.

edit: im just going to go to verizons store and see if they will fix it, i was never able to get any custom roms flashed, and my custom binary says no, also under current binary it says "samsung official", not to mention i have gotten the firware update error were it says i need to connect to kies, but couldnt get kies to recognize the phone.

Upvote 0
i have read section 5, iv been doing that process all along, ill try a fresh download and i am going try from my desktop, only problem is that i cant get my desktop to recognize the phone, ive reinstalled drivers, but that wont work, is it even possible to get the computer to recognize it from my phones current state.

edit: im just going to go to verizons store and see if they will fix it, i was never able to get any custom roms flashed, and my custom binary says no, also under current binary it says "samsung official", not to mention i have gotten the firware update error were it says i need to connect to kies, but couldnt get kies to recognize the phone.
Kies should be disabled, also have you tried flashing a recovery image using ODIN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones