• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gs4 air view , ha

If you could use it for normal phone actions it could be useful if your hands are covered in barbeque sauce, but I agree its gimmicky. I wouldn't see myself using it. That's how I felt about most of the software features (except for some of the camera functions)

I moved this to the GS4 forum as well.

Upvote 0
If you could use it for normal phone actions it could be useful if your hands are covered in barbeque sauce, but I agree its gimmicky. I wouldn't see myself using it. That's how I felt about most of the software features (except for some of the camera functions)

I moved this to the GS4 forum as well.

That pretty much sums it up for me too. the only time I could see a function like this being worthwhile is if my hands are covered in something and I need to answer the phone quickly. Airview doesn't accommodate that though I believe, just to preview emails, pictures etc.

Upvote 0
That pretty much sums it up for me too. the only time I could see a function like this being worthwhile is if my hands are covered in something and I need to answer the phone quickly. Airview doesn't accommodate that though I believe, just to preview emails, pictures etc.

Exactly. In its current form, I wouldn't use it. If you could somehow do normal phone functions it could have situational uses

Upvote 0
I quite liked this one esp for video, like when you hover a mouse over the loading bar so you can preview what's coming up next. Great for skipping to the best parts.

I often have trouble getting my finger down to the bar for some apps that insist we all have micro-fingers or something - for them, the time-slider is worthless.

Hope this fixes that problem.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I'm a keen cook, and I often use recipes I find on the web. So yes, this will actually be very useful for me! No one wants raw chicken on their phone... also very useful when doing DIY/Car mechanic tasks when looking at an online guide. Who actually wants to print stuff in this day and age?

Of course, we'll have to see how well it works in practice but I can see the thinking behind it.

Upvote 0

You can also use the air guesture to anwser your phone. By waving across the screen when it rings

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones