• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gs4 is deleting apps automatically

gjkiii

Nov 4, 2011
My GS4 has started deleting apps automatically when I restart my phone. I have reinstalled the apps and the same thing happens to the same apps. I have done a hard reset where everything is wiped clean and reinstalled and the same thing happens. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thank you for any advice.

Looks like I found the problem should this happen to anyone else. Some of the app must be installing onto sd the card. Once I removed the sd card from the phone and reinstalled the app everything seemed fine. Not sure why this was happening considering I never told my phone where to install the app but that seems to have solved the problem for the moment.

Reactions: quest7
Upvote 0
I may be wrong, but your phone stores the data from your apps to your SD card. Not the app itself.

Yes, no "Maybe" about that! how would anyone be able to run an app if there was NO SD CARD in the device?
if the app has a setting, or another app that intercepts the data to push the data to the SD Card, would be the only way it'd get there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones