GS4 Notification BarSupport

1. aeofut

aeofut New Member

Is there any way i can change the notification/status bar on my Samsung Galaxy S4 to look more like the Google Edition S4? I really like the look of stock android, and I'm currently using Nova launcher, which fixes just about everything except the notification bar. I DO NOT want to root my phone.
    Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Changing the look of the notification bar can generally only be accomplished by rooting the phone and modifying layout files, or changing the ROM altogether. I know GSam Battery Monitor can make an "overlay" for the battery icon, but I don't know if any apps overlay the whole notification bar.
  3. aeofut

aeofut New Member

Thanks,
    Is there then nothing I can do about it without rooting?
  4. Darnell0216

Nope. This is a system level modification and can't be done any other way. I myself am looking for the edit that lets me change the "4G" icon on my Sprint model to the classier "4GLTE" one.
  5. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

You can set a transparent notification bar with Apex Launcher (root not required).
    [​IMG]
  6. Darnell0216

That feature is in a few Launchers, but they are after the stock android's blue notification icon set. Transparency isn't stock ;)
  7. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

Nova Launcher made it black for me. I know that's not blue, but perhaps acceptable?