GS4 User Guide hits stores today!Tips

1. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. sbar1

sbar1 New Member

Looks like it's only available from Amazon Kindle Store in the USA at this time.
  3. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

This forum is my user guide.... Nothing else needed
    Outatime, Atma, RichSz and 2 others like this.
  4. WalkaboutDavid

WalkaboutDavid Well-Known Member

Amen!
  5. EuroDriver

EuroDriver Active Member

^ +1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I want the user guide for the S4. I do not own a kindle. The guide is available for use on Kindle.
    ------------------
    Anyone else see something wrong with this scenario??? :stupido2:
  6. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

You can use the Kindle app on Android, so no. Maybe I'm missing something in what you're saying?
    EuroDriver likes this.
  7. EuroDriver

EuroDriver Active Member

Learn something new every day! But I don't want to read it on my S4 screen. Can I download it on say - my laptop or windows tablet?
  8. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

Don't know about the tablet, but you can definitely get it on a Windows PC. I use it for my AutoCAD books at work and it works great!

Amazon Kindle for PC: Install Instructions
    EuroDriver likes this.
  9. Money_Mark

If purchased, it can be viewed on any device. Just download the "Kindle app" for all your devices. Ive already read the user guide on my laptop, ipad, and S4. The kindle app makes it possible regardless of your platform.
  10. Money_Mark

Mine too, but sometimes the answers dont always appear as quick as i'd like. If I can master my phone for $3.99, I'll take that deal all day!:smokingsomb:
  11. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

This;)
  12. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

User guides can be useful if they are well-written.

A forum is a good place to get an answer to a specific question but it's not so good for just exploring what the phone can do.
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

I've wasted more than that on junk apps, so having a quick reference may be useful.:)
    EarlyMon and Mikestony like this.
  14. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

15. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

A "must-have" user guide?

No such thing. I'll stick to live, constantly updated, fan and developer forums.

EDIT: On second thought, its $4 and I just have to see what this is going to tell me, that I haven't already read about. I actually decided to buy it, after reading the sample and not learning anything new. Now I just have to know, all its secrets!
  16. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

This thread was not a joke? Kind of has the same weight as Steve Martin saying, "The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here!" :) ;)

Seems kind of frilly like the iPhone user guides.

....... Is the OP the author or publisher? :) ;)
  17. Podivin

In the book preview, the screen shot shown for the multi-tasker (long press home key) is not the way the phone looks today, therefore their descriptions of functionality is wrong. I assume that they were working with some sort of pre-release or early release phone which is why it's different, but it makes me wonder what else is in there that is 'wrong'.
    However, at 4 bucks it kind of doesn't matter if there is the occasional "oops it doesn't work like this any more".
    So, why are folks willing to spend $4 for essentially the same information that Sammy gives away for free, but will balk at spending 99 cents for an app in the Play Store? :)
  18. Podivin

You realize of course that half of the folks here are reading that and totally not understanding the reference. And then there are the old farts like me who understand completely! :)
    rushmore likes this.
  19. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

Things are going to start happening to me now!
  20. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

"He's angry at the cans!"

"...so we moved into a bigger house."

Is there anything in this user guide which is not in the "Help" app/file in the application drawer?
  21. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Good points! The Jerk is a fave and I use the "angry at the cans!" as an analogy in business for perspective of focusing on the wrong things.
  22. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Anyone buy it? Is it worth the four dollars? Did you learn anything you didn't know ?
  23. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Yes I bought it and am learning some little pearls I did not know. It is well written.
    Unforgiven and shmn like this.
  24. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

One of the advantages of digital over print (especially with Amazon) is that changes to the book can be rolled to the customer as they happen. I've had a few "guide" books that have received updates based on information changes. Hopefully cnet is paying attention and will roll updates as needed...
    Unforgiven likes this.
  25. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

^^^that

Yeah, technical differences may occur between initial publishing and actual release, and in a digital world these can be addressed easily enough. More than likely the OP will get the benefit of a quick reference guide covering general Android usages, some tips on best practices, and other nuggets of information specific to the S4.

Could he get all of that here, probably, but it may take reading 20-30 threads and/or asking a bunch of questions. As I said earlier, I've wasted more money on (cr)apps than this costs, so lets not question his/her judgement in buying a the guide. Let's thank him for providing us with the information that it is being released and offering information to the community.:)
    ocnbrze, EarlyMon and Mikestony like this.