• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS4 User Guide hits stores today!

^ +1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I want the user guide for the S4. I do not own a kindle. The guide is available for use on Kindle.
------------------
Anyone else see something wrong with this scenario??? :stupido2:

You can use the Kindle app on Android, so no. Maybe I'm missing something in what you're saying?

Reactions: EuroDriver
Upvote 0
Reactions: EuroDriver
Upvote 0
A "must-have" user guide?

No such thing. I'll stick to live, constantly updated, fan and developer forums.

EDIT: On second thought, its $4 and I just have to see what this is going to tell me, that I haven't already read about. I actually decided to buy it, after reading the sample and not learning anything new. Now I just have to know, all its secrets!

Upvote 0
In the book preview, the screen shot shown for the multi-tasker (long press home key) is not the way the phone looks today, therefore their descriptions of functionality is wrong. I assume that they were working with some sort of pre-release or early release phone which is why it's different, but it makes me wonder what else is in there that is 'wrong'.
However, at 4 bucks it kind of doesn't matter if there is the occasional "oops it doesn't work like this any more".
So, why are folks willing to spend $4 for essentially the same information that Sammy gives away for free, but will balk at spending 99 cents for an app in the Play Store? :)

Upvote 0
You realize of course that half of the folks here are reading that and totally not understanding the reference. And then there are the old farts like me who understand completely! :)

"He's angry at the cans!"

"...so we moved into a bigger house."

Is there anything in this user guide which is not in the "Help" app/file in the application drawer?

Upvote 0
In the book preview, the screen shot shown for the multi-tasker (long press home key) is not the way the phone looks today, therefore their descriptions of functionality is wrong. I assume that they were working with some sort of pre-release or early release phone which is why it's different, but it makes me wonder what else is in there that is 'wrong'.
However, at 4 bucks it kind of doesn't matter if there is the occasional "oops it doesn't work like this any more".
So, why are folks willing to spend $4 for essentially the same information that Sammy gives away for free, but will balk at spending 99 cents for an app in the Play Store? :)

One of the advantages of digital over print (especially with Amazon) is that changes to the book can be rolled to the customer as they happen. I've had a few "guide" books that have received updates based on information changes. Hopefully cnet is paying attention and will roll updates as needed...

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
^^^that

Yeah, technical differences may occur between initial publishing and actual release, and in a digital world these can be addressed easily enough. More than likely the OP will get the benefit of a quick reference guide covering general Android usages, some tips on best practices, and other nuggets of information specific to the S4.

Could he get all of that here, probably, but it may take reading 20-30 threads and/or asking a bunch of questions. As I said earlier, I've wasted more money on (cr)apps than this costs, so lets not question his/her judgement in buying a the guide. Let's thank him for providing us with the information that it is being released and offering information to the community.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones