GSIII Replicating pic folder on SD cardGeneral

1. CrackerKen

CrackerKen Member

I've encountered an odd problem. I have a folder of pics stored on my mircoSD (16MB) card. I use some of the pics for lock screen and home screen backgrounds. So, here's the problem: When I turn the phone off, like when the battery is very low and I'm recharging, and I turn it back on, it replicates my photo file on the SC card. It does this every time I turn it off and back on. Additionally, sometimes a few of my pics stored on the card (accessible through the Gallery app), disappear. This is rather strange, and I don't know what to do about it.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Not sure I follow completely, but, keep in mind:

The sd card needs some kind of action to force a rescan (like a reboot or an app that has the right privilege to force it)

Also burst mode pics are always stored on the phone, evan if single shot pics are stored on the sd card by user.
  3. CrackerKen

CrackerKen Member

In short - If the phone has been turned off, when it's turned back on, there will be 2 identical folders of pics on the SD card, instead of just one.
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Go into each of the two folders, open a picture, tap the options soft key, then scroll down and tap details.

This will tell you the path where each folder is pointing to. You may find that one folder is something to do with Picasa, Dropbox, Google+ or something else with the an auto upload option.
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. CrackerKen

CrackerKen Member

For whatever reason, unknown to me, the problem stopped. All's well that ends well. I had transferred some pix to the GIII using Dropbox too.