• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GSM Hero 2.1 with Espresso Sense

I hope it's not real.
Ugly looking AND only 3 home screens (unless its adaptable)..

I saw 5 home screens on the video...

I think it looks alright, but not overly bothered about how it looks really... I'll just be happy to have the update and all that 2.1 brings...

Get my Hero next week so hope this is out soon so I can just update it before I really get going with the device... Saying that, I'll have to wait as it'll be on Orange... Oh well!!!

Just hope they get the update out as quickly as before, so about week later - thats fine in my eyes...

Upvote 0
It doesn't look that bad, I could live with it if the update fixes problems and gives me bt file transfer

Bubbles don't look that bad but I can see it getting in the way of my wallpaper.

Shame the video wasn't very still, some1 needs a stand

Anyone seen other better quality vids

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Isnt the one with the bubbles for the handset currently known as 'Expresso' and not necessarily the Hero?

I hope the Hero gets a mix of the two... I would prefer the softkey setup that the 'Expresso' ROM has... I think direct access to 'People' is better than a button to add widgets etc as you can do that just by holding the screen anyway and in theory once your handset is setup you have no need for that button... The large button as the menu key is better also I think, makes it easier to pull up when you need... And finally having the call button on the left simply mimicks the hardware call button so makes sense also...

Roll on the update either way...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones