• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GT-I9000T won't enter recovery or download mode

fredorpual

Lurker
Oct 10, 2012
A while back I rooted (and possibly installed a custom mod I dont remember) my Galaxy s afterwards kies wouldnt work with it but who cares its crap software anyways. I ended getting an S2 and shelved my S1. Long story short my S2 is out of commission for now and so i am using my S1.

The problem is that my S1 is running kernel version 2.1 and not much runs on that anymore. So I decided to upgrade it to >2.3. In the process of trying to upgrade I found I cannot access download or recovery mode. It just shows the boot screen and then the loading screen then starts up.

I verified all my hard buttons function and have tried every button combination I can think of, and yes that includes up+home+power and down+home+power. any sugestions? Id hate to have to scrap a functioning backup phone over something so stupid.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones