1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

GT-N7000 escaping China GFWSupport

1. toyboatt

toyboatt New Member

Hello, Internet.

I want to remove all ad/bloatware and access a functional VPN (and Facebook) via my Galaxy Note. China makes this difficult. What must I do to eliminate invasive programs and regain access to China-blocked apps?

PHONE:
    Rooted* GT-N7000
    Android Version 2.3.5
    Baseband: N7000XXKJ6
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7-N7000ZSKJ6-CL679970
    Build Number: ANZHI.AX918.v1.1
    SIM: China Mobile number in Shanghai
    US SIM: Inactive TMobile number

PROBLEMS:
    1. Cannot remove or freeze some annoying Chinese apps, which generate invasive pop-ups(in Chinese that cannot be X'd out of). I wonder if such bloatware is also responsible for the other issues. Examples offenders include QQSecurity, UC Browser (Chinese mod), and some Chinese apps who's names I cannot translate.

2. Unable to install Skype and other blocked apps, even with two different SIM cards from America. My friend with a Galaxy SII was able to use his card in his phone to gain access to otherwise restricted apps. So something is different in my Note OS. Google Play seems to know I'm in China no matter what I do.

3. Unable to connect to my PC via Kies air. I have not done due diligence on this one, so it may be related to nearby cellphone jammers. WiFi works fine here, and I assumed Kies uses WiFi.

4. Random shit is in Chinese, and I can't do anything about it. This alone makes me want to flash or wipe or whatever you call it when you start over.

Noob Disclaimer
    *I didn't root it myself. I think it's rooted because it came with a "SuperUser" app, and I successfully installed Titanium Backup (not Pro). Also, the phone was smuggled into China and installed with who-knows-what before being resold here.

Advertisement
    :
  2. McGilli

McGilli Well-Known Member

You could just restore the phone with a firmware from say France, like mine, and you won't have any of that stuff on there, and shouldn't be any more issue.

The site rootgalaxynote.com

has info on how to do this.

check the section UNROOT GALAXY NOTE

and it tells you how to flash with another countries firmware and it sounds like it will help you.
    toyboatt likes this.