1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support GT-S5690 wont go to umts/wcmda

1. scotscan

scotscan New Member

Im new to this ,I got a Xcover gt-s5690 in holland coz my old phone got busted and had reserched and was thinking about upgrading to this phone coz I keep breaking phones ,all specs lists I checked shows it as a quad band gsm/edge/umts /wcdma phone,It was unlocked from new ,it worked ok in holland and UK,now in canada no service on UMTS network
    *#2263# shows wcdma in phone
    *#0011# [1] debug
    [9]phone control
    [7]network control
    [2] band selection...............[1] automatic
    [2]wcdma band
    [3]gsm band
    [1] phone works in gsm/edge only
    [2]phone shows no service
    *#*#4636#*#* phone info/testing I can select as above and it will only work in gprs or gsm or edge ,am I missing something,is it a software or firmware thing?
    Baseband s5690XXLB7
    Build gingerbread XXLB7
    PDA S5690XXLB7
    phone S5690XXLB7
    CSC S5690XENLB1

Hope someone can help me Samsung won't/can't? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help a nubie

Advertisement