• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I use to be a GT fan till 4, then I moved away from PS. Now I'm a Forza fan and from what I've heard from people who have the game, they all say Forza is a better game.

Let's be honest, PD half assed GT5 with their premium cars. 200 out of 1000 cars are highly detailed and have in car camera view, the other 800 don't even have a in car view to try to race from..... I heard they have premium tracks as well....

Upvote 0
I don't know about the premium tracks, I've been able to race standard and premium on all tracks so far.

I have forza and Gt5 and both have their pros and cons.

What I've found is that forza is more for people who like to customize cars and more for creative people. Gt5 is more for people who want the most realistic driving in a game. I love both and want to play both. My xbox is broke so I have to wait to get back to forza.

I don't think I could pick a winner overal, they are tied in my book

Upvote 0
I don't think I could pick a winner overal, they are tied in my book

Which has got to be a bit of an indictment on GT5 surely?

It's been in development since the ice age, has been hyped and hyped as the ne plus ultra racing game, and yet it's only as good as a game that took half the development time and has already been out for a year.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
I'd have to say GT5 is good game, but underwhelming and even a bit lackluster, in areas. I understand why it took so long to create, but in the end, it really doesn't do much for me, after playing the previous titles.

A few of my criticisms:

Some of the same tricks work against the AI in races, and they've even gotten more relaxed on the requirements to enter many of them. I'm on the fence about how this affects the games balance, but this area could've used improvement.

The B-spec mode has improved, but the AI still needs work. My driver almost refuses to pass on the inside, despite clear opportunities to do so, and readily yields position when told to be aggressive, despite being ahead of the car attempting to pass. I'm hoping this improves as he increases in level, but he's 9 at the moment, so not exactly green.

The UI could use cleaning up-- they made progress with the ability to select appropriate cars from the race menu, for example, but it still needs work. Since the first GT game, I can't understand why they don't allow at least the option for a checklist/shopping cart of items for purchase, followed by a simple "purchase and install all" button. With the amount of cars available in the game, tedious doesn't even begin to describe how long it takes to add, then confirm, then install, then confirm, standard upgrades to cars.

I had to laugh at the oil change which managed to free 65hp.

I'm certainly enjoying the game, and will continue to play and let it grow on me more, but I can't say I'd rush anyone to buy it. I see some are rating it at 8.5/10? I feel that's an appropriate score.

Upvote 0
Apparently, the 15th of December there will be a whole day where every player can race the same track the top 15 times (nation-wide mind...) get invited to a REAL track day and if they win it get a race contract with nissan!! I dont know if its true but if your a full on racing fan then its effing sweet...

Upvote 0
Apparently, the 15th of December there will be a whole day where every player can race the same track the top 15 times (nation-wide mind...) get invited to a REAL track day and if they win it get a race contract with nissan!! I dont know if its true but if your a full on racing fan then its effing sweet...

i just got my PS3 last night and saw this, i wish I was good enough to get top 15, I think in forza three I barely was able to break top100 and im still adjusting to the differences of the two. :(

Upvote 0
I wonder if its going to be individual time trials or if they are goign to take circuit times. to be able to post a top 15 time on this game odds are you already do some track days in a real car and understand a lot of the underlying mechanics in racing.\

EDIT:
Also whats everyones opinion on nascar racing? after trying it I appreciate the difficulty but I still cant stand trying the steering seems so weird.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones