• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GTA 5 (official)

It isnt coming to pc?!!

No, just Playstation and Xbox although there is a petition to get Rockstar to change their minds. I have a mate who works for Rockstar North and he did say the internal grapevine does seem to indicate that they would possibly consider it at some point in the future.

I realise that the vast majority of games are now made available for consoles only (or first) and it saddens me greatly.

Upvote 0
No, just Playstation and Xbox although there is a petition to get Rockstar to change their minds. I have a mate who works for Rockstar North and he did say the internal grapevine does seem to indicate that they would possibly consider it at some point in the future.

I realise that the vast majority of games are now made available for consoles only (or first) and it saddens me greatly.

But I don't see why. Well apart from the extra time needed to port the game well. But still..

Upvote 0
But I don't see why. Well apart from the extra time needed to port the game well. But still..

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Traditionally, console ports sometimes leave a lot to be desired with regards to PC controls. I've played a number of games on my PC where in a tutorial or cutscene, I am told to press the (X) or (O) or move the joystick...

If they need to focus on one market, they are going to go for the one that the vast majority of people use for gaming and that's the console. Also, PC hardware is too variable. An Xbox 360 is an Xbox 360 but there is no such thing as a standard PC configuration being that there are different processor types and so many different manufacturers of graphics cards, motherboards, RAM and so on, all operating slightly differently from each other (as you know, you can't put an AMD chip in an Intel mobo for instance).

This means that they would have to spend an enormous amount of time tweaking the gme for diferent setups and that costs a lot of folding green. Some companies simply don't want to do that. I hope that Rockstar do bring this to the PC. I love the GTA games but i'm not going to buy a console purely to play it.

Upvote 0
if you buy the game day 1 and turn around and sell after about a month what do you think resell value will be? trying to decide if I should buy and resell or just rent from gamefly

Depends on who you sell it to.
If you buy it at Gamestop, beat it that day, and traded it in THAT day, you'd be lucky to get $40. Game value depreciates very quickly. If you sold it on eBay or whatever, you could probably get $50 for as long as it's $60 in stores.

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
I remember in SA where you could walk to one of the hangars in the airport, and a big *** plane was in it. And you could fly it around. Ahh, fun times....

In GTA4 one time I stole the helicopter and picked up my date in it lol. I landed it in the street in front of her house, flew to the comedy club and landed in the street, then took her home and dropped her off. She didn't seem to notice my pimp ride lol.:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones