GTA to android

Last Updated: 2013-05-06 19:49:30
  1. GSTR21

GSTR21 Active Member

Grand Theft Auto III is a 2001 sandbox game developed by DMA Design in the United Kingdom, and published by Rockstar Games. It is the first 3D title in the Grand Theft Auto epic series.
    Now this was realeased 15th Dec 2011 on IOS and Android alike but were focusing on the Apple iPhone 3gs, a device with a 600mhz cpu, 256mb of ram and a sgx535 now im sorry that was 2011. Were now in 2012. Phones now days are uber powerful in comparison. My samsung S3 for one, each core is.more than double that of the 3gs.

So with that in mind where is vice city? I would pay 9.99 for the ability to relive the scarface styled beach front mowing down peds and flying up and down the beach on my pcj600 listening to vrock! I see this as a bad move for rockstar if they are waiting for the next ten year job where is it?

Sorry to moan but this has been bugging for sometime, the fact rockstar havnt uttered a single word on the matter is dissapointing. The fact the oldern gen Gta's havent been ported is even more disheartening

Anyway the point of this thread is to see who agrees with me that rockstar are being foolish and missing out on a golder oppertunity.

What Gta titles do you want to see hit the playstore next?

Thanks Adam

Advertisement
  2. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

Didn't Rockstar recently release Max Payne?
  3. Averscer

Averscer Member

Man, I got GTA III on my tablet. It was awesomeeeeee.

Would gladly pay for Vice City as well.
  4. GSTR21

GSTR21 Active Member

Yes Max Payne Mobile has been out for a while and what an epic game! Really nice to relive the slowmo flat facedness of the pc originals. Only complaint is the story is very in depth but still seems a little weak. But 10/10 for rockstar.

Also been reading a few reviews stating MPM isnt compatible with the S3... think Rockstar should sort their act out as playstore will not let you purchase but it runs sweet as a nut...... :-/
  5. GSTR21

GSTR21 Active Member

Hey Averscer,

Glad you like GTA3 :) be nice to know what version your running and texture settings on you tablet, I have V1.3 maxed on the S3 but my nova elf 2 ran almost maxed and lagged a bit, not much but enough to annoy to whilst killing triads.

YES ROCKSTAR SEE THIS AS A SIGN

PLEASE PORT VICE CITY TO ANDROID!!!! If the PS2 could run san andreas im sure a dual/quad android device can handle Tommys antics XD
  6. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

The difference being the PS2 is a dedicated system, whereas Androids are not. (By the way, Gran Turismo 4 is way harder on the PS2 ;) ).
  7. GSTR21

GSTR21 Active Member

Hi motorhead.

Im aware of the dedicated system etc but the specs are low for the ps2. Yeah gran turismo 4 is awesome on ps2. I have cained the lot and now blasting gt5 on my ps3 slim. I think gt4 is the last of a good thing as alot of the features like b spec speed up and to redo events to get prizes have been killed off in gt5, that makes it quite a bit harder to grind through to get the cash for the cars you need. Slightly off topic lol but for an epic game I dont mind. Sony should think about a mobile version and yes im aware off emus (rocking gt2 on s3)

Thanks

Adam
  8. Frederic_2008

Frederic_2008 New Member

I love that all those old Playstation & PC games appear now for Android :)
  9. leobonny19

leobonny19 New Member

Wll PS is PS, it cannot compare wit smartphones.
  10. Many people are very crazy for playing Grand Theft Auto. Even I am also very big fan of this game. I love this game for Playstation 3 because it has really amazing graphics and make me feel as I play real.
  11. rubicon68

rubicon68 Member

you do know that vice city has been released for a few months now right? the only issue is that the compatbility list is lacking. if your phone isnt on the list, the game wont pop up on google play. check out the list https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rockstargames.gtavc&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5yb2Nrc3RhcmdhbWVzLmd0YXZjIl0.
  12. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

13. rubicon68

rubicon68 Member

Vice City runs on my Note 2 without a hitch. if Vice city can maintain a solid 60 FPS while having improved visuals than the original version, then there is no reason why san andreas cant do the same. its only a matter of time fella's!
  14. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Runs like a dream on my Nexus 4 :)
  15. nowwissonn

nowwissonn New Member

Vice citts camera just spins th Xbox controller in. Help!?!?!
  16. Sayonara

Sayonara New Member

Can anyone tell me how come there is no sound on my samsung galaxy s3 mini while playing gta 3?
  17. Hordriss

Hordriss Well-Known Member

The games run nicely, but I really can't get to grips with touchscreen controls for these types of games. That said, it isn't even compatible with my Xperia S.

It makes me wish my Xperia Play wasn't dead!