• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GtabComb (Honeycomb) unable to open market

bobby_digital

Oct 20, 2011
Hello All, I've been running GtabComb (Honeycomb) rom 1.1 with no problems until about 3days ago when I have been unable to open the market. It appears that I'm unable to sync my gmail account with my tablet now. I tried to create a new account and still the same thing. It's almost as if its not recognizing my internet connection. But i'm able to browse the internet just fine. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

2nd.

I've read that GtabComb (Honeycomb) has been abandoned and flashback is the latest honeycomb. However, I'm on 1.1 and would need to go to 1.2 my question is would it be worth it to flash to 1.2 or just use another rom that is available to 1.1. I'm leaning more towards either CyanogenMod 7 or Deck ... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hello All, I've been running GtabComb (Honeycomb) rom 1.1 with no problems until about 3days ago when I have been unable to open the market. It appears that I'm unable to sync my gmail account with my tablet now. I tried to create a new account and still the same thing. It's almost as if its not recognizing my internet connection. But i'm able to browse the internet just fine. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

try deleting and re-adding your google account, that should fix the issue.

2nd.

I've read that GtabComb (Honeycomb) has been abandoned and flashback is the latest honeycomb. However, I'm on 1.1 and would need to go to 1.2 my question is would it be worth it to flash to 1.2 or just use another rom that is available to 1.1. I'm leaning more towards either CyanogenMod 7 or Deck ... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

the switch is super easy if you follow the instructions here:
NVFlash - Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies

that being said, the gingerbread roms still seem to be much more stable than any of the HC ones at this point, so CM7 or Deck may suit you well if you don't need the snazzy HC interface.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones