Gtalk, Gmail, Maps, Market, Email using GPRS/EDGE on MileStoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. mohitvj

mohitvj New Member

Hello All,

I am unable to use Gtalk, gmail, Maps, Market, Email (all pre installed) using GPRS/EDGE (Vodafone Live) on my Milestone. But All of these works with Wi-Fi connection. I installed Meeboo Messanger, this is also not working with GPRS/EDGE.

Any one of you also faces such problem? Any solution or settings?

I called Motorola Customer care, they are saying that I have to take a DataPlan from Vodafone and should ask Vodafone to activate all GPRS/EDGE settings on my mobile. So I took a DataPlan (200 Rs. 100 MB), Vodafone People are saying that all available setting are already activated on my cell. But I am still unable to use any of them above. Every time no network connection found error is coming.

Any comments? Do we really need special settings for these services?

Thanks Beforehand.

2. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

Have you checked your APN settings on the phone to make sure they're right? These are the configuration seeings that connect your phone to your cell company's data network (so wi-fi doesn't need them, which is why that would work).

From the Home screen press menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

If there is nothing there at all, that would be your problem. You can push the menu button and add new APN if needed.

A quick Google found Vodafone's APN explanation and settings. I'd suggest giving that a go. If it doesn't work, call Vodafone and double check to make sure you have the right settings.
  3. abhi2good

abhi2good New Member

did this get resolved? I am facing same problem. Previously, I had HTC Jade with Win Mobile 6.1. On that one, I was able to use active sync using GPRS only with no data plan. Win mobile settings had the option of selecting 'All apps use this connection' in which I would select the GRPS connection for vodafone I had. But recently, I switched to xperia 10 and now I can't setup email account (always getting error 'could not open connection').

Any help from anyone is appreciated.
  4. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Have you checked your APN settings like Eggos suggested? I don't know how the menu is layed out on the Xperia but it should be very similar.
  5. mehras1991

mehras1991 Active Member

if you're able to use it sometime with EDGE, it's your connection quality problem, I have this problem when I use GPRS, but with EDGE everything works fine. (ome applications accept only EDGE or sometime only wifi needed)
    & if you can't see the E or G icon in the notification bar it's your APN setting problem, if you can see it but you can't see the send & receive signs it's your APN setting problem with proxy or port setting...
  6. Spottedeagle

Spottedeagle New Member

I am having the same problem here in mexico with my Droid Razr Maxx xt912 with Jellybean as well as my Droid 3 with 5.7.906 I am unable to use navigation nor internet I can use text and phone. I have changed APN's as well as had Telcel look at my phones several times. The 3g icon shows up gray when I use Wifi other than that no network connectivity. I thought it was because my phone s GSM radio was turned off however that does not seem to be the case also my phone number does not register on my sim card Sure could use some help have checked several different forums.Tried to root both phones with no success I was given unlock code for my droid 3 from verizon. I do get the message sim card is from unknown source on both phones .:mad::confused::smokingsomb: