• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gtalk status help please.

ok so I noticed my status never goes idle when logged on through my phone (I checked this on my desktop through another account.) I let my phone sit there for a hour or so (haha no, I did not sit at the stare at the status for a whole hour if that's what you think) while doing other things on my desktop. when I went to go check my status it still said I was available (I hadn't texted, called, etc.)?

also I know there is a setting to set the status away when the screen turns off. I've checked marked that at one point to test it out, but that didn't work either. is there something I'm doing wrong?

the good news is at least when i set it to away or change the msg that goes with the status, it corresponds. I'm just confused with the other parts I mentioned above.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones