• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I can't even figure out how to get into Gtalk. I don't see any Applications or Widgets for GTALK. Messaging appears to be just SMS. I do see settings for GTALK in Settings/Applications. And Instant Messaging on this phone doesn't show Google Instant Messaging on the list to choose from

Can someone point me in the direction to use GTALk on the Captivate?

Interesting in notification too.

Upvote 0
First, the only thing I see for IM clients in apps is for MS, Yahoo, and I'm not sure what the other one is. But it appears to be a service you have to pay for from AT&T (Surprise! :eek:).

Anyway, I did receive a test message from a friend, and got a chime, and could read it and reply. But, once I close that screen, I have no idea how to get back into the chat to send. Of course if I select a contact and send, it will expect SMS.

I see GTALK settings in Manage Apps, so that also indicates it is on the phone.

Any suggestions? (I'm tempted to get Fring or something...but then I want to make sure that I need that before I do down that path.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones