• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GTD, DIT, ... + Android. What works for you?

gwi

Jun 24, 2010
Greetings. Years after reading the GTD book and trying all sorts of apps and methods, I still can't find myself settling for a todo system that's simple and effective using my phone. I'm always looking for threads and articles on task managers, but most are only people spouting "I use generic todo app xyz and it rules!" Never how they practically use it in their daily lives.

So, I'm asking all of you: what apps do you use for tasks and maybe even reference systems, and HOW :)

This might be useful for all procrastrinating couchpotatoes like me.

Right now I'm using something very simple: Mobisle Notes, with 2 lists: a sorted "Inbox" which is basically just all tasks that come to mind (Sorted as in, priority first, then due date, then projects, then random stuff) And a today list with 5 actions I want to do today. Far from perfect, and Mobisle doesn't handle tags and moving of tasks from list to list a hassle, which keeps me on the lookout.

Thanks!

I use Remember the Milk. I set it up to have lists for every project. Then each task is tagged with the list it belongs to: like - DINING ROOM, where the task will be completed - like @home or @errands or @computer. Then I use Smart list to pull up all tasks that are tagged with whatever I am working on. So, for example today when I was running errands, I created a smart list for all tasks tagged @errands and it pulls from all the list. So, my work, home and personal errands are all pulled up together, but still entered on the respective lists. I have the app loaded on my phone, and there is a small widget that sits all the time on my iGoogle desktop.

Upvote 0
To Do Task Manager Pro. It's GREAT for recurring tasks as you aren't shoehorned into limited options for recurring tasks. For example, the app called Astrid allows tasks to be repeated hourly, daily, weekly, etc. To Do allows you to customize when something repeats, like Mondays and Thursdays.

Upvote 0
[FONT=&quot]For implementing GTD you can use this web-based application:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gtdagenda.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Comes with a mobile version too, and with an Android app.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones