guess i have both now?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by infil, Sep 25, 2010.

1. infil

infil Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Mechanic
    Staten Island, NY
    Guess I have a d1 and a d2 now lol. I went to return my D1 to verizon as it was replaced w/ the 2....fedex dropped the box back off at the house today and CSR at verizon said it was checked in at the warehouse when i called in and asked about it. backup phone lol. Now that im not worried about warranty see if flashing a rom will solve the problem.

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    NJ
    There is still a chance that they will realize they never got it back...

3. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member
    VIP Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'd probably still take it to a store and ask your account be noted as returning the phone. They'll nail you for full retail price once they check Serial#/SKUs at the warehouse during audits.

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    yurp!:)

5. infil

infil Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Mechanic
    Staten Island, NY
    Yeah, going to take it down to fedex again tomorrow

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Verizon can become quite nasty if they think you have not returned phones in the refurb/exchange process.

7. Squidward

Squidward Active Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Wait, the people that they sent the Droid2's out to...didn't they end up not having to return their original phones, since they were provided with "new" phones? I mean...how would you even pack it to send it back, if they sent you a new phone? With the refurbs they have that cardboard thing inside for you to secure your phone for return...if you got sent a new phone you'd have to just toss it in the box?

8. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I Learned a hard lesson with them and fedex. I used a pickup service from fedex and somewhere between there and the verizon warehouse it was lost. FedEx never checked it into the system.....LESSON - ALWAYS get a receipt from Fedex or whatever carrier you use. Done rely on the "receipt" that Verizon includes with a return label.

9. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    thats "refurb" droid 2. so you return it just like your returning the droid 1 for a droid 1.