• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Guess I'm the only one that got a good battery...

So I was bored in class today, sigh... College, so I decided to browse the web on my super fast thunderbolt of course and I came across an article that contained instructions on how to turn off 4g. I figured, "hey! I can save battery!" So I tried it and as expected my battery life increased dramatically! I can actually keep my network running so I can receive emails! Thank the lord! My smartphone can actually be a smartphone. I figure that if I ever need the 4g I could just turn it back on. I mean why do you need 4g for receiving emails and syncing info? Just letting people know of my experiences. There's light at the end of the tunnel!

Upvote 0
Mine lasts around 12 hours on the 4G extended network. No complaints here.

Same here. I am creeping up on 11 hours with moderate usage (surfing, gaming, etc... Didn't hold back at all today. After 11 hours I still have 23% battery left.

I'm tired of telling people that they have to look at what apps they have that are possibly draining their batteries. Right away everyone blames the hardware. Once I found out that Tango was draining my battery thru troubleshooting, my battery has been GOLDEN.

You gotta troubleshoot folks, stop blaming the hardware all the time!

When in doubt, wipe your phone and start from scratch. I bet anyone who does a factory reset and installs NO EXTRA APPS for at least a day, they would be surprised how long their battery lasts.

Then slowly add 1 or 2 apps at a time and test. Little by little add apps. This way, when your phone starts draining again, you know that it has to be one of the last 2 apps you installed and you can roll back quickly.

When you get the phone and download 50 apps all at once, then its harder.

One last thing, i'm tired of people saying "OMG! Why should I have to hold back to get a full day out of a battery!" What you don't realize is that these are NO LONGER just phones, they are full blown computers in your pocket. They have as much power as the laptop I owned 8-10 years ago. Back then I was loving when I got more than 2 and a half hours out of my laptop, now we get ~12 hours from a computer in our pocket with a tiny little battery! I think that's fuggin awesome!

Reactions: sundoll
Upvote 0
Same here. I am creeping up on 11 hours with moderate usage (surfing, gaming, etc... Didn't hold back at all today. After 11 hours I still have 23% battery left.

I'm tired of telling people that they have to look at what apps they have that are possibly draining their batteries. Right away everyone blames the hardware. Once I found out that Tango was draining my battery thru troubleshooting, my battery has been GOLDEN.

You gotta troubleshoot folks, stop blaming the hardware all the time!

When in doubt, wipe your phone and start from scratch. I bet anyone who does a factory reset and installs NO EXTRA APPS for at least a day, they would be surprised how long their battery lasts.

Then slowly add 1 or 2 apps at a time and test. Little by little add apps. This way, when your phone starts draining again, you know that it has to be one of the last 2 apps you installed and you can roll back quickly.

When you get the phone and download 50 apps all at once, then its harder.

One last thing, i'm tired of people saying "OMG! Why should I have to hold back to get a full day out of a battery!" What you don't realize is that these are NO LONGER just phones, they are full blown computers in your pocket. They have as much power as the laptop I owned 8-10 years ago. Back then I was loving when I got more than 2 and a half hours out of my laptop, now we get ~12 hours from a computer in our pocket with a tiny little battery! I think that's fuggin awesome!

Yeah, and my Toshiba laptop only lasts an hour or so on its battery. And, that's only forum browsing/youtube.

Upvote 0
Today is my first FULL day with the Thunderbolt. Phone was off the charger and bump charged by 9am. Approximately 10 hours later, I have 41% left. The phone only has 2 hours, 45 minutes awake time though (worked most of the day). I have my brightness on 100%, GPS on all day, wifi off while i was at work (switched to wifi around 5:20 pm). I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the battery. No need for a bigger battery just yet. My city was added to the list that will get LTE by year end. Idk whether to be happy or not. Lol, but if the batter stays like today until then, I can't complain.

And here are the stats:

Display = 74%
Voice Calls = 5%
Cell Standby = 4%
LauncherPro = 4%
Android System = 3%
Phone idle = 3%
Camera = 2%
Phandroid = 2%
browser = 2%

P.S. - I had to get the extended 3500 mah battery for the Incredible because stock would last me 4 hours. I would only get about 15 hours with the extended under extremely heavy use.

Upvote 0
Received my phone the Friday after release and charged it over night. With about 30 programs/games downloaded, ADW EX, live wallpaper, 5 pages running widgets, 4G and GPS on all day, WiFi on but not connected, screen at 50% brightness, 4 phone calls = about 25 minutes, four email addresses receiving 19 emails total, couple hours of web browsing, an hour of Pandora, downloaded a few more apps, around 100 texts, 3 YouTube videos and 20 minutes of Angry Birds Rio. My phones been off the charger today since 6:30am and still has 42% left (10:22pm). Point being this phone is very capable of decent battery life. If your not making it through at least a business day you either have a defective phone or downloaded something thats draining your battery...

Upvote 0
Received my phone the Friday after release and charged it over night. With about 30 programs/games downloaded, ADW EX, live wallpaper, 5 pages running widgets, 4G and GPS on all day, WiFi on but not connected, screen at 50% brightness, 4 phone calls = about 25 minutes, four email addresses receiving 19 emails total, couple hours of web browsing, an hour of Pandora, downloaded a few more apps, around 100 texts, 3 YouTube videos and 20 minutes of Angry Birds Rio. My phones been off the charger today since 6:30am and still has 42% left (10:22pm). Point being this phone is very capable of decent battery life. If your not making it through at least a business day you either have a defective phone or downloaded something thats draining your battery...

My phone has great battery to

Upvote 0
I think if you turned every "about" into the actual time, this thread could actually be true.. There's no way though. 4g transferring for over 3 hours - and on all day?? Screen on close to 4? at 50%?

You're the one with the defective phone - it came with an experimental 5000 mah battery.

screen shots of battery use tomorrow would be awesome.. Make sure to get shots of display and phone calls ;)

Upvote 0
Today was my first full day with the TB and I was quite impressed with the battery actually. Moderate to Heavy usage. Received/Sent work emails all day, Sent and Received a total of 81 calls, a little browsing on net, and several text. I had 12.5 hours before I got to 9% left on my battery when I plugged it in. My DInc would have died before I made it home from work with the same usage I had today.

And Oh I live in a 3g market. Suppose to have 4g by end of summer.

Upvote 0
I think if you turned every "about" into the actual time, this thread could actually be true.. There's no way though. 4g transferring for over 3 hours - and on all day?? Screen on close to 4? at 50%?

You're the one with the defective phone - it came with an experimental 5000 mah battery.

screen shots of battery use tomorrow would be awesome.. Make sure to get shots of display and phone calls ;)

Haha, I only had two abouts in there and they were ones that wouldnt effect the battery much either way. Honestly I really dont care if you believe me. Battery life is the most importent thing to me in a phone and I am very satisfied...

Upvote 0
Honestly I really dont care if you believe me. .

Obviously, or you would have made it believable. :p

But really, this is the internet... what's the saying? Pics or it didn't happen? I've seen what 4g does to batteries first hand, and there are reports everywhere that its no different on the TB. Just idling 16 hours of 4g should have killed your battery, let alone the rest. Are you - 100% - positive that wifi wasn't connected? Your numbers really aren't that outlandish if you were on wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones