Guess on carrier launch dates?General

Last Updated:

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

My guess is take whatever the next to last one is, add four weeks and that will be Verizon US ;)

No, really :(

treb1797 likes this.
  2. tonyg02910

tonyg02910 New Member

it takes verizon at least 4 weeks to remove the software and cannibalize it
  3. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

And to lock the bootloader.
  4. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

My guess is April 26th ish, just from what I've been reading around the internet.
  5. Really?Where did you read the news?I haven't find anything about that.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

May 1 for t-mobile cause, you know, they're pink!

Allons enfants de la patrie,
    Le jour de gloire est arriv?
    Contre nous de la tyrannie
    L'?tendard sanglant est lev?
    Entendez vous dans les campagnes,
    Mugir ces f?roces soldats?
    Ils viennent jusque dans nos bras
    Egorger nos fils, nos compagnes!

Aux armes, citoyens!
    Formez vos bataillons!
    Marchons! Marchons!
    Qu'un sang impur
    Abreuve nos sillons!
  7. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Well Verizon takes at least 3-4 weeks to put they're branding on the home, that's just a ridiculous thing if they brand it the same way they did the note 2!

What's up Rushmore ...
  8. rushmore

Howdy sean76!

I agree the extra time is due to Verizonizing the devices.
  9. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

What about AT&T Wireless?
  10. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

well april the 26th it should be but with the fiasco of the blue s3 release in the uk , it could be the 26th of may if something like that happens again .

also cpwh reporting record breaking pre registering . 4 times more than any other device ever made, so if thats just one company then there may be shortages elsewhere if other companies are getting these high demands too
  11. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

I'm mostly curious about Sprint. From what I recall they were pretty quick with the S3 but I'm not exactly sure what the wait time was as I didn't actually know about the phone when it was first announced.
  12. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Its in the paper and on the tv and also cnet..
  13. masturblastur

masturblastur Member

Rest assured, once the first US carrier announces a launch date, the others will be tripping over themselves to get it out at the same time or sooner.

That being said, expect the US launch to begin with Sprint on Friday May 17th 2013
  14. trparky

Rumor has it that AT&T will be the first carrier in the USA to carry the phone and it will be out at the end of April.
  15. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

booo at at and t
  16. imamabella

imamabella Well-Known Member

you think Metro will get it?
  17. Shotgunx1x

Looks like April 26th for Europe, Late May or early June for the states.
  18. danielunde

danielunde Well-Known Member

Yeah will MetroPCS get it???????????
  19. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

Where are you people getting this stuff?
  20. Shotgunx1x

Everything is a guesstimation and rumors people may have read from around the web, nothing is confirmed and no one knows exactly when the S4 will be available in the US. A late May or Early June release date is my guess on when it will become available for the US.
  21. rushmore

A bottleneck that could result in delays might be the display, since a newer design. Whatever the case, I hope Verizon offers the 64gb version, but they will probably stick with 16gb and 32gb.
  22. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

Why do you need a 64gb one? that is way to much space IMO . isn't 32 enough.
  23. trparky

CEO John Legere stated at the T-Mobile's "UnCarrier" conference that the device will arrive "about May 1st," which means, providing no major hitches arise, consumers will only have to wait around five weeks to get their hands on Samsung’s latest and greatest smartphone effort.

Considering that the other carriers want to be able to release these phones in and around the same time so as to provide their competition no advantages in the market, I see AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon to be releasing the Galaxy S4 around that same time, plus or minus a day or so.
  24. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

nope. i have a 32 gb galaxy nexus. between the music, pics, hd vids, apps, files, pdfs, backups...i have about 1.5gb free. at least 20gb if not more will make it over to the new device. and i'll only be adding to it from there, so for me 32gb would not be enough. i'm glad they'll have the option for sd on this phone so i don't have to pare down what i want to keep on it. :)

patiently waiting for a verizon release date...
  25. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

SUBSCRIBED. Just cracked my s3 glass......