• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
No device in hand, but I will have definite info tonight. "Sammy" just called

super excited!

icon14.gif

Upvote 0
For those that do not know me...I have had the great opportunity in the past few years to hold in my hands just about every flagship smart device that Samsung has offered, weeks-months prior to their release.

S2, Skyrocket, Note, Tab 10.1, Note 10.1, s3, Note 2 the Samsung LTE enabled camera etc.

I received a call tonight that I should be at a place at a time and this is what I have for now

Ok..preface...the following contains no information from Sprint, or Sprint sources. I have seen no information leading me to believe or providing release dates specs or anything at all from Sprint, my employer. The following information is from a trusted source close to or within Samsung.

Sprint and Verizon are getting some sort of Note tablet, and soon. I was told 10.1, but could possibly be 8 or I could see both.

On to the good stuff.

Just about all that you have read or seen in the last 24 hours is true.

Snapdragon processor seen in photos is likely correct. (though could change prior to release, they have done it before)
Reps have been given specific instruction that NO benchmark apps are to be downloaded to the devices.

No Spen

5" display. Similar design to the Note 2 but less rounded edges from what can be determined.

It is "rumored" that phones exist and are kept under lock and key until after the announcement. They can not leave the building currently. You can bet once they do I will get one in hand.

There are tons of new features and apps... gesture controls...the smart phone is getting scarily smart at recognizing what you are doing and responding without you even touching the phone

The phone will have RF for controlling Samsung media devices such as TV and such.

An optional worn device can track vitals and work with an app within the phone..health type junk.

multiple home screen/lock screen options not present before

pedometer

so on and so forth.

the real meat won't come until I can get the device in hand.

I am going to link screen shots...not my work...just the information I was able to confirm.

more to come......

this is what a lunchbox phone looks like...a phone encased in resin to hide the true design/shape
New photos of Samsung's Galaxy S3 prototype with home button appeared ~ Samsung Galaxy S3 Blog

links on specs of the s4.
Newly Leaked Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Hints of Smaller, Wider Body Profile - International Business Times

Samsung Galaxy S4: leaked screenshots claim to show new smartphone - Telegraph

Pay no attention to the supposed pic of the phone...it is my belief that one is fake.

Upvote 0
So what about some real information that has not already been posted to the net?

I confirmed speculation ...and will have a device in hand just as I did with the past devices. Sorry...no reason for me to have to explain myself beyond that....my posts in the past with other devices speak for themselves with in depth details and pictures prior to anyone else having them.

Be patient.

Upvote 0
I confirmed speculation ...and will have a device in hand just as I did with the past devices. Sorry...no reason for me to have to explain myself beyond that....my posts in the past with other devices speak for themselves with in depth details and pictures prior to anyone else having them.

Be patient.

Only have to be patient for another 72hrs now ;)

Upvote 0

Be patient.

Can you confirm if the pictures released today of the Chinese variant S4 with dual sims looks anything like the actual real life phone?

Upvote 0
I'll admit that I don't understand most of the specs and how they compare to the S3, but from what I can see, it all sounds intriguing. I'd imagine the real good stuff will come once Thursday hits.

I really don't see a major upgrade from the S3. The whole eye detect and scroll is not a seller to me. I don't see what they can pull out of the hat to wow me at this point. In other words it wont be a day one pre-order for me with the S4 like it was for the S3.

Upvote 0
I really don't see a major upgrade from the S3. The whole eye detect and scroll is not a seller to me. I don't see what they can pull out of the hat to wow me at this point. In other words it wont be a day one pre-order for me with the S4 like it was for the S3.

Agreed. I don't even use the smart stay or motion software they have on the s3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones