guest mode vanishedSupport

Last Updated: 2013-05-19 04:08:50
  1. dartmar

dartmar Well-Known Member

My tablet has the known issue of icons vanishing on reset. Sony is finally acknowledging and says they are working on it. Now, I have another issue. Guest mode has vanished and that icon bar that was moved to the bottom with the last update is now back on the top. The apps that installed with the last update are still there, it says it is on 4.0.3 rev5, but is not acting like it. Anyone else have a similar issue or know a fix?

Advertisement
  2. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

This article may help. Read all the way through.:)
    Sony Tablet S Software Update Brings Guest Mode and More - Mobile Magazine
  3. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

After I did the last update to 4.0.3 (release5) I never got the Guest Mode to show on screen, I wonder if it has to do with any of the settings on the tablet, or an app that is causing this, I will try to do a factory reset just to see if works.
  4. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

I did the factory reset and now I see the guest account on the right top corner, problem solved, I wish I had tried this before, I looked in several forums and nobody even suggested to do a factory reset, the only downside is now I have to reinstall all the apps I had, but no biggie.
  5. dartmar

Sony suggested a factory reset, but that is often a company's first suggestion for a problem. My biggest concern is that I have been working on a game for 4 months, and absolutely dread the possibility of losing my progress, if I don't back it correctly since I am not sure where it is storing the data.

I am also concerned that there may be some sort of issue with the device itself.
  6. dartmar

OK so I finally did the factory reset.
    Guest mode showed back up again.... for about 10 minutes then vanished again. My icons still vanish upon reboot.