[GUIDE] and [INSTALL] Sprint FG11 stock-rooted+

Last Updated:

1. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

First, the ever-important disclaimer:

USE THE GUIDE OR THE INSTALL ZIP AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS VERY CAREFULLY AS ONE MISSTEP HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRICK (PERMANENTLY DAMAGE) YOUR PHONE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO DO TO YOUR DEVICE!!!

Such ugly things, disclaimers. Anyway, thanks for visiting my thread. :) This will be my third attempt at creating a stock image for Sprint users. This go-round, I decided to do things a little differently and write down the exact steps I used to create the image myself, and then create an install zip for the lazier folks ;) (you know who you are :p ).

So, before we get started, the following directions assume you already have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your phone, and updated to the latest version (5.0.2.8). If not, or if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I recommend visiting Loota's thread first to learn how to install CWM to your phone, and visit mavrikmeerkat's thread here to get the latest version (his thread also has instructions if you'd rather only make one stop). Be sure to hit the "Thanks!" button on the OP of any thread you visit and download or learn something from at the very least, to let the guys know that their work is greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you run into any issues, especially a couple of the ones I've outlined. It may take me a few hours to respond, but I WILL reply, and help you as best I can.

These directions may also at times be over-simplified. I apologize to those who are familiar with some of the processes and terminology, but I am writing these instructions in such a way that anyone can grab a Sprint Transform Ultra and follow it to get their phone rooted. Thank you in advance for your understanding. :)

Files we need:
    Before we do anything to our phones, we need to make sure we have access to the following list of files. Where necessary, I've written instructions on where to place the file and/or what to do with it, and have linked the name of the file to the post where they can be found.

-Loota's SPRINTSTOCK backup: Extract the file to /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
    -The latest version of CWM: You should already have this; if not, look two paragraphs above "Files we need".
    -Android terminal emulator: Do a search for this app in the Play Store, and install it. The one I like best is the one made by Jack Palevich because the white-on-blue is easy to read.
    And one of the following:
    -bads3ctor's tu_root_.zip: Download or move to /mnt/sdcard.
    -----or-----
    -CWMKeeper (for those who don't want root access): (provided in the next post) Follow the same directions as tu_root_.zip.
    -(Optional) BobZhome's kernel files: There should be two zip files; one that just says "BobZ" at the end of the name, and another that says "Module Injector". Extract the Bobz file to /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup. Place the other at the root of the SD card (/mnt/sdcard).

Creation: Now we'll start the long, dirty, arduous task of creating a stock-root image on our phones. As long as the instructions are followed exactly, it won't be long before you're enjoying your phone again with the latest update. :) Before beginning each Part, it would be a good idea to make a backup, if you have the space available on your SD card. Doing so will help give you a sort of checkpoint should the next set of steps not go so smoothly (Part C is the only section where doing so isn't possible, mainly because we don't have a custom recovery installed at that time). If space is limited on the card, try moving the backups to a computer, if possible. Follow steps 3 and 4 if you'd like to make a backup before proceeding.

PART A: Baseband Backup
    1. If you haven't already, download a terminal emulator app to your phone. We'll need it in in the next step.
    2. Open the terminal emulator, and type the command exactly as it looks in the code box below (press enter for a new line):
    Code (Text):
    1. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/mnt/sdcard/baseband.bak
    2. exit
    The first line creates a backup of your current baseband, so if for some reason, your service is worse on the update, you can revert to the previous version. The second line exits out of the emulator. After typing the first command, and before the second, the terminal emulator will display some text, basically letting you know that it copied the file requested and moved it to the location specified.

PART B: Returning to stock FD11

3. Turn off your phone. Once it's all the way off, go into recovery mode by holding the VOL- key and the POWER button, and only letting go of the power button when the Samsung logo appears.
    4. Once in recovery, let go of the VOL- key, and from the main menu, go to "backup and restore > backup" to create a backup file of your phone. Use the VOL+ button to scroll up, VOL- button to scroll down, and the PWR button to select.
    5. After the backup is finished (it may take 5 minutes or more if there are a lot of apps on your phone) you will be returned to the main menu. Now we need to get the phone squeaky-clean (app and data-wise). From there, go to "wipe data/factory reset > Yes -- delete all user data". Once that's finished, go to "wipe cache partition > Yes -- Wipe Cache". One last wipe, and the phone's as good as if it came out of the box. Go to "advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache".
    6. Now that our phones are free of data, we can flash ROM and backup images to it. From the main menu (choose "+++++Go Back+++++" if you're still in the "advanced" menu), go to "backup and restore > restore > SPRINTSTOCK/". If you don't see a "SPRINTSTOCK", then something's wrong. You may also get an MD5 mismatch. Check this thread if that's the case.
    7. When everything's done, at the bottom of the screen, it should say "Restore complete!" and "E:Can't find misc". Don't worry about the second one. Once the phone's done, select "reboot system now".

PART C: Receiving the update

8. If you've ever watched the Ultra boot up fully, then you'll notice that when it's booting into Clockworkmod recovery, on one of the screens, it says "Samsung Transform Ultra", and now that we're back to stock, it says "SPH-M930". Once the device has finished booting up, I usually like to connect it to my wifi, as it'll help speed up the update process. If you don't get a notice within a few minutes of the phone booting up that an update is available, go to "Settings > About phone > System Updates > Update Samsung Software". Click the "Restart and Install" button on the bottom (if the update is still downloading, wait for it to finish, then the phone should prompt you to update). Make sure your phone is charged above 50% or is plugged in before accepting the update. If your battery is too low, the phone will automatically refuse to update until it's plugged in, though you will have to then start the update manually.
    9. The phone will restart, and show a box with an arrow coming out of it, and a little android guy next to it, and then a "FOTA updating" with a progress bar, then the box and android again, then should boot up normally, with one exception. When the phone reaches the lockscreen, you should see something like the attached photo at the bottom of the post (I tried including it in-line, but the forums complained that the post had too many characters :rolleyes: ).

You should also get a prompt telling you that the update has installed successfully. Hit ok, and now you're updated! :D Now to put CWM back on and root, and we're done! ;)

PART D: Reinstalling CWM
    10. Unlock the screen, and power off the device. Once it's shutdown, go into download mode by holding down the VOL- button, CAM button and PWR button. Only release the PWR button when the Samsung Logo appears. Almost immediately, you should get a screen with a big green "Warning!!" at the top, and an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle at the bottom of the screen. You can read the warning if you like (it talks about how doing what we're doing can cause damage to the device), but for our purposes, press the VOL+ key.
    11. Your phone should now be in download mode. While the next few steps are just my way of doing things, I highly recommend doing them this way to reduce aggravation and frustration should anything not go right. Start by connecting the phone to the computer with your USB cable.
    12. Pull off the back cover and remove the battery. While in download mode, the phone will continue to stay on so long as it's plugged in.
    13. Open the folder you used to Odin CWM to your phone the first time, and open the Odin program. Make sure Odin recognizes your device before proceeding.
    14. In the "Option" and "Debug Option" areas of the program, make sure that "One Package", "Auto Reboot" and "Protect OPS" are the only boxes checked.
    15. To the right of that is "Select OPS" and a big "OPS" button; click it, and select the "TransformUltra.ops" file.
    16. Down from there, at the bottom of the program window is a "One Package" button. Click it, and select the file that contains CWM (for me, it's build7.tar). READ ALL OF STEP 17 BEFORE PROCEEDING!!!
    17. Up above, should be a very large "Start" button. Press it, and watch your phone. Immediately after it shuts off, unplug the USB cable (yes we DO want to kill our phones, otherwise we'll have to repeat steps 11-16 again), and close the Odin program.
    18. Re-install your battery, then go into recovery mode (if you don't remember how, refer back to step #3). Make sure to not let your phone turn on all the way between plugging the battery back in and going into recovery mode, or you'll have to repeat steps 11-17 again. The reason we want to be careful not to start our phones all the way at this point is that doing so will delete CWM and re-install the stock recovery. Our second boot-up screen should say "Samsung Transform Ultra" again! :D

PART E: Making CWM permanent (and root)
    19. Once in recovery, go to "install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > tu_root_.zip > Yes - Install tu_root_.zip". When the zip is finished installing, it should say we're rooted. Congratulations! You now have a stock-rooted FG11 Transform Ultra!!! :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:
    20. (Optional) If instead, you'd rather stock no-root, follow step 19, but flash CWMKeeper instead of tu_root_.
    21. (Skip if you plan to install BobZhome's kernel)You are now free to reboot your device. Enjoy! :wavey:
    PART F (Optional; requires root): Overclocking (OC) Kernel
    Because BobZhome's instructions on his post linked above are pretty straight-forward, I had originally not planned on including this as part of the guide. However, after being asked about it, I decided that in order for the guide to be complete, it was a good idea to re-post them with the rest of the setup.

22. From the main menu, go to "backup and restore > restore > 2012-05-04-Bobz > Yes - Restore". Fortunately, BobZhome's kernel backup only installs the parts we need for the OC kernel, so it won't mess up all our hard work to this point.
    23. After the restore is finished, go to "install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > BobZhome_SPH-M930BST_Modules > Yes - Install BobZhome_SPH-M". This will finalize the installation of the kernel.
    24. Follow step 21, and when your phone is done booting up, go to the market and download an overclocking app. "SetCPU" and "CPU boost" are a couple examples, and some all-encompassing rooting apps like JRummy16's "Rom Toolbox" have OC options in them as well. I recommend a max setting no higher than 1401 (too high, and you will burn out the phone's processor), a min no lower than 245 (the stock underclock setting, I currently use 460 myself; too low, and the phone won't wake up after the screen turns off), and a governor setting of "ondemand", "interactive", or "Smartass v2" for a good balance between quick, snappy performance and long battery life.

--------------------EOF--------------------​

Whew! That was a lot of work, eh? Well thanks for playing along. :) I hope you enjoy your newly-rooted FG11 Sprint TU! :D On a side note, unless you install BobZhome's kernel (check his post here if you're interested), the phone will use the standard "SPH-M930" splash screen during normal boot-up, and the "Samsung Transform Ultra" when booting into recovery (it uses both if you have the kernel installed). Just a curiosity I noticed while playing with my own device. Thanks again for visiting my thread. Till next time. :cool:

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    DMajor239 likes this.
  2. xaelith

Well, at long last, here we are; the image itself. At some point, I plan to make the whole thing into a flashable zip (now that I know a little bit about how the updater_script file works and how it pertains to making install zips work properly ;) ), but because of a recurring stomach problem, I'm afraid I'll have to fall back on old habits for now. In the mean time, I've taken a page from the guide above, and re-written the instructions to be MUCH MORE detailed, so as to minimize confusion and operator error (I apologize to those who know their way around their phones, as a lot of the steps will be nothing new).

Features:
    -Full FG11 2.3.6 Update (baseband and build).
    -ROM Toolbox Lite, Superuser, BobZhome's OC kernel and Android Terminal Emulator pre-installed.
    -CPU settings set to 460min, 1401max, and "interactive" governor.
    -Rooted.
    -My Files, Sprint ID, Sprint Mobile Wallet, Qik Messenger, Tutorial Widgets, and Thinkfree Office removed. (See Known Issues)

Downloads: Make sure to follow any of the instructions written next to the file BEFORE continuing.
    CWMKeeper - Just as the name says, helps ClockWorkMod (CWM) from disappearing from the phone. Not needed if you already have CWM and a way to keep it on the phone after reboot. Download and move to the root of the SD card ("/mnt/sdcard"), but DON'T EXTRACT IT.
    FG11 Stock-root image - The main file. Extract this to "/mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup".
    FG11 Baseband - Flashable zip that updates the baseband. Move to the root of the SD card ("/mnt/sdcard"). DO NOT EXTRACT/UNZIP.
    New CWM - We'll need this before flashing anything else here in the "Downloads" section. Follow the instructions in Part A to check your CWM version if you're not sure.

Instructions:
    PART A: Pre-install check
    1. First things first, we need to make sure we're using the most recent version of Clockworkmod on our phones. It's a known issue that trying to use an older version of CWM to flash a ROM made with a newer version causes issues. If you're not sure what version of CWM is on your phone, go into Recovery mode by turning the phone off, and holding VOL- and PWR (or the "Reboot Recovery option in the power menu if you're on a custom ROM), and only letting go of PWR when the Samsung logo appears, then letting go of VOL- when the recovery boots up. Somewhere on the screen should be a line reading something like "CWM-based Recovery v1.2.3.4" (usually near the top of the screen). Version 5.0.2.8 is the latest version; if yours says this, Congratulations! :D you get to skip to step #21 (Part D). If not, then please follow the steps in Part B to install the latest version of CWM on your phone, or Part C if you don't have CWM at all.

PART B: Updating CWM
    2. If you already have Clockworkmod Recovery on your phone, but it's not the latest version, then life for you will be a little simpler than for those who don't have CWM at all. First, reboot your phone if you are still in Recovery.
    3. Next, download the recovery installer zip from mavrikmeercat's post above, and move it to the root of your SD card.
    4. Reboot back into recovery (with phone off, hold VOL- and PWR, letting go of PWR at Samsung logo, and only letting go of VOL- when in the CWM main menu).
    5. From the main menu, choose "install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > recoveryinstaller.zip > Yes - Install recoveryinstal".
    6. When it's finished, you should be returned to the main menu. From there, go to "advanced > Reboot Recovery". Your phone will reboot, and you will now have the latest version of CWM :D

PART C: Installing CWM fresh
    Even if you already have the updated CWM on your phone by way of the instructions above or some other means, it would still be a good idea to go to the same thread linked in the "Download" section and download the "CWM_Odin_pkg" zip found there as well, for safe-keeping should you ever need to (re)push CWM to your phone in the future. Yes, there are dangers using Odin, but there are dangers to doing anything listed in the "All Things Root" section, especially if one doesn't take the time to stop and read the directions first. For me, after my second or third time of using Odin, I found it as easy to use as putting my phone into recovery mode, or dragging and dropping a file into the SD card when my phone is connected to my computer, and by this point, I would say that my having used it ten or so times would be a bit on the low end. Anyway, on to getting CWM on our phones.

7. Download the CWMKeeper zip provided above (if you haven't already), and move it to the root of the SD card ("/mnt/sdcard").
    8. Turn your phone off and put it into Download mode (from off, press and hold VOL-, CAM and PWR, only letting go of the PWR when the Samsung logo appears, and letting go of the other two when the Warning screen appears).
    9. Almost immediately after the Samsung logo appears, a screen should come up with a big green "Warning!" at the top, and a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point at the bottom (this is the Warning screen). In the center is some text talking about how adding any custom programs to the phone could cause some damage, and a prompt to either press VOL+ if you accept the risks and want to continue, or VOL- to boot the phone back up normally. For our purposes, we'll press VOL+.
    10. You should now be at a screen that says "odin_init()" on the fourth line. In the next few steps, I will describe exactly what I do when installing CWM using Odin. By no means do you have to follow what I do exactly, but I do things this way because I've found it to be the best way to go about the task while minimizing risk and frustration. Now we'll connect our phones to the computer. This assumes you have the latest drivers installed (if using a Windows machine); if not, you may get a prompt asking you if the computer can search for drivers. If your drivers are up-to-date, skip to step 11. If not, install the latest drivers from Samsung, then come back.
    11. With your phone connected to the computer and in Download mode, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. The reason for this is that with either of the 2.3.6 updates, if you don't have some way of keeping the custom recovery installed, the phone will overwrite CWM when it reboots, undoing the next few steps. By pulling the battery out now while it's in the state previously described, we can keep the phone from fully rebooting, and sneak in our custom recovery-keeping files (such as CWMKeeper or bads3ctor's tu_root_).
    12. Extract the CWM_Odin_pkg where you like onto your computer, if you haven't already, then open the Odin program in the folder created.
    13. On the left of the program window are a few sections we want to pay attention to before proceeding. Up near the top should be a box under the heading "COM Port Mapping" that is filled in with the word COM and a number (for me, mine says "COM 5"; yours will likely be different). Below this are two boxes named "Option" and "Debug Option"; we'll come back to those shortly. In the bottom corner is a white "Message" box with text in it. As long as the computer recognizes our device, we should get the words "<1> Added!!!" and "<1> Detected!!!" in the box, as well as a COM number. Back to the "Option" boxes. Make sure that "One Package", "Auto Reboot" and "Protect OPS" are the only boxes checked in the "Option" and "Debug Option" areas of the Odin program window. Check or uncheck any boxes you need to to make this so.
    14. To the right of the "Option" boxes, near the center of the program window is a "Select OPS" section, and a big button with "OPS" on it. Click that button, and a "Select file" dialog should pop up. By default, it should open up to the file created by extracting the "CWM_Odin_pkg" zip. Select the "TransformUltra.ops" file, then click "Open", or double-click the .ops file.
    15. Straight down from the "OPS" button is a "One Package" button. Click it, and like the "OPS" button, a "Select file" dialog appears. This time, select "build7". Now, very carefully read the next step ALL THE WAY before doing it.
    16. Up and to the right, by the "OPS" button is a very big "Start" button. Press it, and watch for your phone to shut off. Unplug the USB cable IMMEDIATELY after the screen turns off. If you've followed me this far, then this will keep the phone from rebooting, and erasing the CWM we just got done pushing to our phones.
    17. Reinstall your battery and back cover, making sure to not let your phone turn on all the way (it should stay off so long as your fingers aren't anywhere near the PWR button, but it never hurts to be sure).
    18. Go into Recovery mode by holding down the VOL- and PWR buttons, and only letting go of the PWR button when the Samsung logo appears, then letting go of VOL- when the Recovery main menu appears.
    19. In order to keep the phone from overwriting CWM, we need to flash a certain file to our phones. The CWMKeeper provided above and bads3ctor's tu_root_ (and other zips) have this file included. Flash the file by starting in CWM's main menu, and choosing "install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > CWMKeeper.zip > Yes - Install CWMKeeper.zip". If you're using something other than CWMKeeper, then replace "CWMKeeper.zip" with "<name_of_other_file>.zip", where "<name_of_other_file>" is whatever else you're using (like tu_root_, for example).
    20. After the zip is finished flashing, it is now safe to reboot our phones. :D ("reboot system now" from the main menu in CWM)

PART D: Image installation
    At this point, we should have the latest version of CWM (v5.0.2.8), the files we need on our phone in the proper places and in the proper format, and be sitting at the main menu of CWM.

21. Before we do anything, now would be a great time to make a backup of your phone, should you want or need to return it to the way it was before flashing this image. You can do so by going to "backup and restore > backup". Depending on how much stuff you have on your phone, this may take several minutes.
    22. Before installing ANY sort of ROM or backup to your phone, it's always a good idea to wipe all data from your phone first. In most cases, carrying over data from one image to the other causes problems, most usually in the form of apps force-closing, not working correctly, or just plain not working at all. Start the wipe by choosing "wipe data/factory reset > Yes -- delete all user data".
    23. When that's done, you should be returned to the main menu. From there, go to "wipe cache partition > Yes - Wipe Cache"
    24. Again, you should be returned to the main menu when that's done. Last wipe; go to "advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache".
    25. Now our phones are totally clean (data-wise). Return to the main menu (by choosing "+++++Go Back+++++" from the "advanced" menu), and now we're ready to install the image! :D
    26. From the main menu, go to "backup and restore > restore > FG11.stock-rooted > Yes - Restore". Give the phone a few minutes to install the backup.
    27. When the phone's done, it will say "Restore complete!". From here, you have a few options: Reboot your phone and call it good, reboot your phone, and make a backup of your baseband before flashing the new one (NOT INCLUDED in the backup we made in step 21), or just flash the new baseband (NOT RECOMMENDED; skip to Part F if you'd like to do so, anyway).

PART E: Backup the baseband
    I tried for the life of me to find a way to include this in the baseband zip, but it appears that the code that the updater_script file is written in isn't capable on its own. I have a feeling that the "run_program" command is the key, but don't know enough yet to be able to fully explore that option at this time (9/3-4/2012). As it is, we'll have to use one of the terminal emulators provided in the image, and do it manually.

28. Once the phone boots up, unlock the screen and open the app drawer. From here, you have one of two choices: using the terminal emulator provided in "ROM Toolbox Lite", or using the stand-alone program I provided in the image. I like the second one myself, but only because I find white-on-blue easier to read than white-on-black.
    29. When you're in the terminal emulator of your choice, type the commands exactly as they are shown in the code box below, hitting enter at the end of each line ("su" and the second "exit" are only necessary to check and see if the superuser app is working correctly and exit out of superuser access, respectively - it will say "Terminal Emulator has been granted Superuser access." across the screen if so; skip otherwise).
    Code (Text):
    2. su
    3. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/mnt/sdcard/baseband.bak
    4. exit
    5. exit
    The "dd" command makes a copy of the current baseband, and saves it to the SD card as "baseband.bak". If you ever need to revert to the old baseband for any reason, just hop into terminal emulator and swap the parts following "if" and "of".

PART F: Installing the new baseband
    30. Now return to the main menu of Recovery mode (turn phone off, VOL- and PWR if you're following from backing up the baseband), if you're not there already.
    31. Now let's update the baseband. Go to "install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > baseband.updater.zip > Yes - Install baseband.updat".

...And now we're done! Hooray! :D :p :D

Known Issues:
    If you do a factory reset or clear data AFTER flashing this image, there is the possibility that when you reboot the phone, you'll be greeted with a black screen and non-working buttons. I've only seen it myself in the process of creating the first or second version of this image, and then only because I removed the stock launcher with nothing to replace it with, but I've read that it's a possibility if SprintID is removed as well. Also, I haven't had the opportunity to exhaustively test the device and make sure everything is working as it should. Because the phone booted up properly, connected to my Wi-Fi without issues, and the programs I've included work the way they should, I'm assuming everything else is fine as well, but there is definitely a possibility that there's something I missed. If you do find a bug, please PM me, and I will do my best to replicate the results (if necessary), and find or make a fix. Please be patient with me, though. I work a crazy schedule, and do this and provide help to others in the "All Things Root" section of the forums in my free-time, which usually means I'm only available on the weekends. However, I WILL do my best to answer your questions/problems quickly, as time allows.

Future Releases/Other Thoughts:
    -"Reboot Recovery" added to the power menu (as soon as I figure out how).
    -Making the whole thing into a flashable zip (time or the lack thereof and figuring out how to automatically backup the baseband are the only snags on this one).
    -Depending on popularity, time, and how long I have a TU to work with, more bloatware removal, and deodexing (though this one also requires some research).
    -Any suggestions to what I should add or remove? Please feel free to drop me a pm or reply to this thread. :)

Changelog:
    V1 and V2 (found here - outdated):
    8/19/12 @ 8:25am - Initial release
    8/19/12 @ 8:48am - added step 12 to installation instructions...curse my perfectionism...
    8/19/12 @ 1:50pm - fixed a couple spelling/grammar mistakes, updated "Future Releases" section
    8/19/12 @ 11:050pm - added a name to the Wall of Glory
    8/21/12 @ ~12:30am - added CWMKeeper and stock-noroot image
    8/21/12 @ 1:52am - V2 release
    8/21/12 @ 6:00am - confirmed that the image is build only update

V3:
    9/2/12 @ 7:50am - Released the [GUIDE] portion, and reserved space for other parts as well.
    9/2/12 @ 11:16am - Released CWMKeeper(V2 for those keeping track and playing at home :p )
    9/3/12 @ 12:37am - Created the Wall of Glory!
    9/4/12 @ 4:05am - Released V3 and updated its install instructions.
  3. xaelith

============================
    {+).........Wall
    .........(+}
    }(...........Of
    ...........){
    {+)........Glory!
    ........(+}
    ============================

The phrase "standing on the shoulders of giants" comes to mind when I think about what it took to get here. Without the people listed here and the hard work they've put in, none of this would be possible. Please at the very least press the "Thanks!" buttons on the posts I've linked in the guide when you get the chance, and if you have some change to spare, throw it their way for the blood, sweat, tears, and the occasional Ultra they've sacrificed to help unlock the potential of our devices. If anyone feels I've made an error, or omitted a name that belongs in this section, please let me know.

-bads3ctor for all the work done to figure out how to root the 2.3.6 in the first place, and for the tu_root archive.
    -BobZhome for his kernel, and the work he did there.
    -
    Jack Palevich for his "Android Terminal Emulator" app
    -JRummy16 for his "Rom Toolbox Lite" app
    -ChainsDD for the Superuser app.
    -The Titanium Backup team (I'll let you guess how they contributed - it's in the team's name ;) ).
    -mavrikmeercat and Chevanlol360 for their work with CWM.
    -Loota for his SPRINTSTOCK image, which allowed me to successfully receive the update in the first place, helping me figure out how to install apps without needing to attach a Google account to the phone, and helping others with this when I was unavailable.

-mavrikmeercat (again) and others whom I've learned from concerning creating/editing updater_script files.
    -niteNarmor for obtaining the FG11 baseband file.
    -PH8AL for his instructions on how to backup the current baseband and install the new one.
    -Ralkkai and DMajor239 for being my guinea pigs :p and for inspiring me to continue working on this project.
    -Anyone who has helped the above-mentioned people by testing, adding comments and insight to their hard work, and the like.
    -This community, for being supportive, die-hard fans of a nifty little device, and inspiring me to help in any way I can.

-While we're giving credit where credit is due, Samsung for making the phone in the first place.

Thanks again to everyone listed here. I daresay that the Transform Ultra community is one of the best I've come across when it comes to dedicated developers, friendly attitude, and helpful comments. As I stated in another post, I view this contribution as a pebble aside a mountain when compared to what others have done for the community, but it means a lot when someone appreciates even that much. Here's to hoping the future continues in that fashion. :)

niteNarmor likes this.
  4. xaelith

Reserved for future use. Just in case. ;)
  5. DMajor239

DMajor239 Well-Known Member

Wow those are some pretty detailed instructions! I'm glad you didn't give up on this!
    xaelith likes this.
  6. xaelith

Thanks! :)

Right now, I'm having a little bit of an issue with the CWMKeeper.zip, but I'll get it shortly. I made a test zip to see if it was possible to back up the old baseband, and came across the same problem before figuring it out somehow....

Sleep would probably help :p
  7. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

Great work lol long but awesomely detailed. out of curiosity what do you do from stock fg11 with root to install bobz kernel for overclocking? if i'm not mistaken, wouldn't you just need to flash the kernel form odin once the phone is back to stock 2.3.6?
  8. xaelith

Good point. I'll have to update the guide portion to include installing the kernel. As for installation, I've never used Odin. On BobZhome's OP (if it hasn't changed), there's two parts that have to be installed. One's a backup that you retore, and another is a flashable zip (referred to as a module injector). So what I've done is restored the backup portion, and then as soon as that was done, went in and flashed the module injector before rebooting. As a matter of fact, before I learned a bit about creating and editing updater_script files, I had planned on using a similar method for flashing the v3 image. ;)
    Ralkkai likes this.