[GUIDE] CDMA Workshop and Manual PRL Updates

1. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

I can verify that after some trial and error I finally was able to manually push a PRL to the Marquee using this method.

Steps:

1) Get your MSL. As far as I know, the only way to get your MSL with the Marquee is to call boost. You should be able to get it easily by telling them you want to do a factory reset.

2) Install all three LG driver packages. Go here:
    LG LGLS855 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA
    Download the LG Mobile support tool found in the middle of the page.

3) Install the software, tell it you want to download drivers for the LS 855. It goes through an awkward install process that should download 3 driver packages.

4) After the drivers are installed, put your phone into DM by dialing Dial ##7678#, entering your MSL, and checking the box that says DM mode. DO NOT REBOOT.

5) Now when you plug your phone into your PC, it should install a bunch of drivers including one for a virtual COM port.

6) Put your phone in USB Debug Mode: Settings -> Applications -> development -> USB Debugging

7) Find a PRL file you want to use. You can find a bunch of them here:
    http://androidforums.com/attachment...dtest-net-results-after-couple-tweaks-prl.zip

8) Now you are ready to use CMDA Workshop. Follow the instructions here starting at "1. Open CDMA-Workshop:":
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-precedent/441045-idiots-guide-flashing-prls-precedent.html
    Substitute LG xxx whatever for Samsung xxx whatever in the steps, and skip step "2. goto your Phones DialPad and dial ##8778# -> enter your MSL -> Select USB:"

Notes:
    If you are using MarkyBeats, you should be able to flash PRL without switching to DM.

Also, you might want to try DFS instead of CDMA workshop. My trial ran out and I couldn't find a workaround, but I was able to flash a new PRL using this guide:
    [Guide]How to change your MSL and PRL (Not CDMA Workshop)
    Using DFS, connect to modem first, then serial port, then proceed as instructed.

THANKS, DONATIONS, AND HUGS APPRECIATED (BUT ESPECIALLY DONATIONS)
    Donate Link:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X356LXTFRD9GE

Advertisement
    jaymzway and tombob like this.
  2. TryingToRoot

TryingToRoot Well-Known Member

To get your msl open terminal and type "getprop ril.msl" then hit enter
  3. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

On the Marquee this didn't work for me.
  4. TryingToRoot

TryingToRoot Well-Known Member

I think you are right. I originally called and got mine from boost but remembered that step from the prevail, I should have tried it first.thank you for the correction
  5. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Well-Known Member

ive tried every trick to get msl on the marquee. even 2 i was able to come up with were both wrong. its a pain in the a##
  6. lMonsterl

This strategy WORKS to get MSL:

download aLogcat (free) from market. Open it and start the log. Hit the "home" button on the phone and go to dialer and enter ##3282# then hit "advanced" hit "view". Then hit the back button on your phone and go to "data profile" hit "edit" and enter 000000. It will say it is wrong, hold the home button and switch back to aLogcat and pause it. Hit "filter" and type msl

should be good from there on with cdma workshop
  7. wartorn

wartorn Active Member

i couldnt get my fone into DM using this code. is there some other code i could use? i am using the Undeniable ROM.
  8. lMonsterl

just do it with your phone off, or in recovery
    wartorn likes this.
  9. munguse

munguse Well-Known Member

There is no option to go into DM Mode with the ##7678# code, just Development Mode. Or are they the same :confused:
    [​IMG]

Tried that but all that shows up in cdma workshop are these 2 ports and
    can't connect to either because they need the registered version. Anyone with ideas?
    [​IMG]

These are the drivers that are installed.
    [​IMG]
  10. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

If you are using MarkyBeats, you should be able to flash PRL without switching to DM. Also, you might want to try DFS instead of CDMA workshop. I was able to flash a new PRL using this guide:
    http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...ow-change-your-msl-prl-not-cdma-workshop.html

P.S. Using DFS, connect to modem first, then serial port, then proceed as instructed.
  11. munguse

munguse Well-Known Member

tombob and phreak311 like this.
  12. phreak311

phreak311 Well-Known Member

I couldn't get CDMA workshop to work for pushing a new PRL. I'm going to try this. Thank you!
  13. lMonsterl

tombob likes this.
  14. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I was able to successfully flash this prl using DFS. Unfortunately it did squat for my sorry-ass download speeds :mad:
  15. lMonsterl

Sprint Corporate 12121

Attached Files:

tombob likes this.
  16. Phrant1c

Phrant1c Well-Known Member

this worked very easily to get the MSL. Took all of maybe 30 seconds.
  17. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

So a month ago this method worked great for me to push a prl, but now I can't seem to get it to work. After starting DFS I can get the modem to open, but the serial port doesn't ever seem to open. Any suggestions of what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.
  18. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

Have you changed ROMs? This requires a stock based ROM to work.

Try flashing the Half Ass ROM or CTMod 2.5. Then see what you get.
    tombob likes this.
  19. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

That may be it, running CTMod 3.6.5. Thanks.

edit: That was it, thanks. I flashed Blood's ZVC stock rooted and DFS connected first try. Pushed the prl no problem, rebooted and confirmed voice and data, then restored my backup. Back to where I was but with 12121 prl. Everything is right with the world.
  20. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

Right on man. Glad it worked for ya. :D
  21. wachoface

wachoface Member

I was messing around in the LG Hidden Folder, just under the NAI settings is the PPP settings. I switched the PPP Carrier from Sprint to HTK_Sprint. The phone immediately rebooted and I then had no data service. I switched it back and still, no data. I could call and text until I tried to fix it. I tried the ##72786# -> MSL -> yes trick and that took all calling and texting capabilities away. So now I have a wifi only Marquee. I am running ctmod 6.5 with the unleashed kernel also with the HC theme. I changed back to stock and tried again, still no change. It tries the hands free activation but can't contact the network. What do I do?
  22. Capn069

Capn069 Well-Known Member

I have a question for the developers. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a script such as the DM-CM7 ran in Script Manager for the Prevail to put the phone into DM without having to swap roms? This would make for an easy way to change PRL's with DFS or CDMA. I don't know if anyone was working on one or not.
  23. lMonsterl

its a different file path. the stock needs no script at all, dont even have to change any hidden menu settings.

Im not sure if ctmod just doesnt have it, or if its in a different spot
  24. Capn069

Capn069 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering because I can swap the PRL on my Prevail in like 30 seconds with the script and dfs. Is there a way to get the Marquee into Dm without swapping roms? I run CTMod 3.6.5 with hyperkernel 1.5.
  25. lMonsterl

Not that I've found yet. I just restore a backup then revert back after