• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Change your Font Color

V SuperUser V

Android Expert
Mar 29, 2012
I wanted to change the font color on my phone so bad I Googled my behind off for a few days looking for how to do this but found nothing solid, pieces here and there. So I decided to make a guide about it using what I had learned.

WARNING: Follow this GUIDE and make changes at your own risk. Always have a back up of the files you are editing and a full nand back up doesn't hurt either.

FAILSAFE: Because you could end up bootlooping if you don't follow the Guide step by step I recommend doing the following BEFORE you start :

1- Pull your SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from the phone.
2- Go to UOT kitchen and upload them like you were going to do some themeing.
3- Make a small change (change the font which is easy to change back)
4- Submit your work and wait until is fully cooked :D.
5- Download it, and put on your card.
6- If anything goes wrong after you follow the guide, you can always flash the theme you just cooked and everything will be back to normal.
Perhaps you dont need to do all these and there could be an easier way to go back to normal but i find this a lot easier than having to restore a full back up.

I. What you

This looks like to much work, how about you make flashable zips, then I'll install them wrong or not read the instructions right, then come back on here and bitch 'n moan about it and say my phone is bricked and now i have to take it to metro pcs and its all your fault and no matter what you do to try and help me I'll be thick headed and complain more... :D jk

Upvote 0
This looks like to much work, how about you make flashable zips, then I'll install them wrong or not read the instructions right, then come back on here and bitch 'n moan about it and say my phone is bricked and now i have to take it to metro pcs and its all your fault and no matter what you do to try and help me I'll be thick headed and complain more... :D jk

I dont think you can brick your phone. You will, however, go into bootloops if not done properly, but all you have to do is flash a recent theme you have laying around to get out of the bootloop :p

Upvote 0

IIIIIIIII loved this comment!!! <3<3<3 hahahaha

Upvote 0
[FONT=&quot]"Now open APKMultiTools, hit enter until you find yourself here (see picture)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"

After this part I press enter and it says i went crazy and clicked something wrong. I know im being stupid and missing some simple thing but i cant get to that menu in your screenshot. all i have are the 3 options and 4 is read log, 5 is about and tips, and 00 is to quit. Sorry for stupid question but how do i get to that menu with all the options?
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones